Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

backstage-pass-02.jpg

New Community design

Loneliest_Cabin

Did you notice? We’ve updated the Community homepage. It’s the first of many changes coming your way soon. We’re making it easier to find the topics you want to chat about, the help you need, or the Idea that would make all the difference to your Spotify experience. 

And it needs to be simple to get involved. 

Next we’ll be looking at the starting pages for Help, Chat and Ideas. 

Would love to hear what you think so far, and what you’d like to see. You can submit any Ideas in the usual place, just make sure to select the label ‘Community’ under ‘Choose a platform’. 

PS What’s your favourite colour scheme from the rotating options?

Pretty in pink

Blue Suede Shoes  

or

Orange Crush

Let us know in the comments below if you’re digging The New Style

30 Comments
grandterr

New design yet I don't understand how to navigate it still. THE LEAST INTUITIVE DESIGN of a major company I've ever seen. It's sooo bad I can't believe it. It's not like forums is a new form of communication and we don't know how to structure it.

Hubo

Hey @grandterr, thanks for sharing your comments on the new Community design here.

Hmm, I’d love to get this passed on to the right folks for you. Could you tell me a bit more about what you dislike about the Spotify Community redesign? I’ll see what I can do!

Thanks,

Hubo 

grandterr

@Hubo I've used the community for years now, but literally right now I spent 5min to find how to post in the Android(or any other). As any normal forum I want to see all the sections I can access to, in this design it's always hidden somewhere with "creative/different" design. I also always can't find the submit button.

And writing this reply idk where's the reply button? I think I've seen it before. But I will not be shocked the next time I write a comment in the community I will find that reply button. The design is not intuitive. I doubt that I am that dumb that it's all on my not understanding the design's structure.

Hope it was of any use. I am going to continue getting frustrated buy this "creative" design.

grandterr

Also the website logs out a user after an hour or so, so annoying. It's not the CIA's website to keep it so strict.

MattSuda

Hey @grandterr 

Sorry for the inconvenience. A few months ago it was changed so that the Spotify Community forum will auto log out after 1-2 hours of inactivity. This was changed to improve switching between accounts. Not everyone shares a computer with multiple Spotify users or switches between multiple accounts, but it used to be that if you switched to a different account on the main Spotify website, it would still be logged into the previous Spotify account in the community forum because of the login cookie and unless you noticed that and manually logged out in the community and switched it over to the other account, you would be using the wrong community forum account. The auto log out period improves this issue. The community forum is actually run on a different platform than the main Spotify website so the account you are using in the community is linked to and relies on your Spotify account to log into the community forum account.

The main Spotify website should keep you logged in, so all you need to do is click on the log in link at the top of the Spotify Community forum and it should log back in and redirect you back to the Spotify Community forum without having to log back into Spotify.