Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new-music-blog-3.png

Albums
alternative
New Music Friday

November 2, 2018 : new albums worth a listen

Soundofus

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog

November 2018 - New Album Releases

New Music Friday : November 2, 2018

MOTHER MOTHER AUDIOBOOKS
Dance And Cry Now! (in a minute)
Origin : Quadra Island, Canada Origin : London, England
Genre : Indie Pop/Rock Genre : Indie Synthpop

==> Brilliant seventh album by the Canadian band formed in 2005. Very rich melodies and arrangements.

==> Brilliant debut album, released through Heavenly Recordings, by the duo consisting of singer-songwriter Evangeline Ling and Welsh producer/mixer/engineer David Wrench.

DRUG CHURCH THE HOLY KNIVES
Cheer Year of the Black Dog
Origin : Albany, New Yoek, USA Origin : San Antonio, Texas, USA
Genre : Indie Rock, Punk Rock Genre : Progressive Rock, Neo Psychedelia

==> Third studio album by the American band formed in 2011 and led by Patrick Kindlon of Self Defense Family. Lyrics of their songs focus mostly on social matters and tend to be dark and/or satirical.

==> Debut album by the American band... "sonic vision of brothers Kyle and Kody Valentine, a band that infuses the sultry sounds of rock & roll with a tinge of desert psychedelia." (from artist bandcamp)

MARIANNE FAITHFULL THE COLD STARES
Negative Capability Mountain
Origin : London, England Origin : Evansville, Indiana, USA
Genre : Art Pop Genre : Indie Rock/Soul/Blues/Roots

==> Twenty-first studio album by the legendary Bristish singer-sonhgwriter. This new recording includes collaborations with Nick Cave, Ed Harcourt, Mark Lanegan and three re-recorded versions of the most notable songs of her career.

==> New releases by the American duo formed in 2008 and consisting of Chris Tapp and Brian Mullins. ..."Chris’ unique guitar rig, along with Mullin’s giant bass drum provides a visual and sonic landscape for the two to travel on different paths than other acts. In fact, you may find yourself looking for another member behind the curtains but it’s just these two men..." (from artist website)

SUN KIL MOON MOTHER FEATHER
This Is My Dinner Constallation Baby
Origin : San Francisco, California, USA Origin : New York City, New York, USA
Genre : Indie Psychedelic Folk/Rock Genre : Indie Rock

==> Ninth studio album by the American band formed in 2002, primary recording moniker of vocalist and guitarist Mark Kozelek.

==> Second studio album by the American band, vintage rock inspired, formed in 2009 by vocalist Ann Courtney.

PART TIME PAINT
Spell #6 PAINT
Origin : Los Angeles, California, USA Origin : Los Angeles, California, USA
Genre : Indie Dream Pop, Lo-Fi Genre : Indie Rock, Garage Rock

==> Sixth studio album by the American musician David Speck also recording under the name David Loca & the Berkshire Hobbits. “I wanted to take the album to a beautiful place with a deeply honest voice, leading to what I feel is a hypnotizing cycle of wonder and love,” explains David. “I envision stories, cheesy montages in my head and try to paint a visual picture of them through the music.” (from Tough Love Records)

==> Debut solo album, through the label Mexican Summer, by guitarist, singer-songwriter, Pedrum Siadatian also member of the band Allah-Las.

Worth also to mention

The Prodigy - No Tourists

spotify:album:6DAq2tDWMqPP7MTdb3aIDi:small

Eliza and the Bear - Group Therapy

spotify:album:6HlSGoeYDUcBJVxTq3GeYS:small

Two Medicine - Astropsychosis

spotify:album:5eg3VKJnOGBLebqopYjxox:small

Matt Corby - Rainbow Valley

spotify:album:0FPU4TuKoO4CLUUXBBo6tW:small

Gabby's World - Beast on Beast

spotify:album:47GGDNnaSLoosN3Lcb9oe5:small

2 Comments