Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

November Ideas Review 2020

Elena

Every few months the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated.

Below you can find the statuses changed the last couple of months. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Podcasts] Downloaded podcasts should also play videos not just audio

We've now rolled out the ability to download video content for offline viewing for iOS and Android users.

This will be the new default setting, but you can easily toggle it off in the app settings to only save audio when downloading video podcasts.

2. [All Platforms][Podcasts] Download Audio Only

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to save audio-only when downloading video podcasts. Android and iOS users can toggle it off in the app settings

3. [All Platforms][Other] Allow SongShift and others to export songs again

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one! This should now be implemented.

GOOD IDEA:

4. [Ads] Ads Filter

5. [Your Music] Add LOCAL FILES to Your Music

6. [Connect] Don’t automatically sync what I am playing across Devices

7. [Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

CASE CLOSED:

8. [Playlists] Smart Playlists

9. [Playlists] Sort by Release Date

10. [Playlists] Statistics and Analytics for Playlists

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

11. [Your Music] Spotify Wrapped: Releases the Statistics weekly

12. [Playlists] Only selected Playlist Authors for Collaborative Playlist

13. [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen 

14. [Desktop] Allow an optional switch between desktop and web player look on desktop app

15. Make "Liked Songs" playlist shareable

16. [Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3Z3QhZAZpqwZa1phsbQ3JZ                                     

23 Comments
Mergenc

The only thing we want for 6 years straight is lossless audio, it has over 24,000 votes and Spotify is still ignoring it.

therealmoment

How cool if we could like the song on the player when the screen is locked. 
otherwise, we gonna unlock the screen and click into the app to like the song.

4AE0A987-CD79-45A2-80A8-1D9BF050F800.jpeg

musicjam_time

I have an idea (don't know if it's good or bad, but the thing is it doesn't let me post it in the idea forum so imma post it here. So sorry) but anyways whenever I make playlists, I've wished there was a way to add like a note to a song instead of writing everything in the bio section of each and every playlist.

For example, imagine if you make a playlist for someone, you add some songs to a playlist and you click on the three dots (you know the dots that are always on the right and it gives you options to remove and add songs from playlists etc.) and it appears an option to add a note. Let's say you are able to create a note for every song in your playlists individually (ex: 20 songs = 20 notes). Now lets say you have a song that you really love and you like to add that song to each and everyone of your playlists. The note option will give you the ability to make a new one, regardless if you put the same song twice in the same playlist or if you put the same songs that are found across all your personal playlists (as in the notes won't intersect with existing notes even if you have the same songs. Basically new notes will always be there regardless if you put the same song 100 times in one playlist or if you have a song that is found in all your playlists.) The only time a note won't be new is if you write on it (Also, you can always edit it later. I think you should add a autosave or a manual save button, or both.) The note option, will only work in collaboration mode or when you are the creator of the playlists. You can also hide notes in the playlists you make whether the playlist itself is public or private. Apart from that you can delete/erase notes that you've already made. 

The reason why I think this "note function" is needed is because I believe it can let fellow artists and users to interact/connect more with the app and for many it may let them express their thoughts more (especially when there are users that make playlists that have a theme/story around it.) This feature allows them to go beyond other than the bio section. The purpose for these notes could be like commenting or relating to the song such as "this song reminds me of when we went to Antarctica (or any place)." or "this song makes me feel like..... " or you could also write "this song or this specific line means to me...." (for those that like to express the many different unique meanings one song can hold.) It can also allow users to engage and form these connections through music by telling a story and it can definitely create or help reconnect memories through this option by relating it to the music (especially when there are people that reactive memories by listening to a certain song or melody).  It's also great for those that like to tell stories through your playlists or that are aspiring writers that like, making custom playlists for characters as well as writing scenarios for them. Remember this is just an idea that I thought for a while, (definitely got inspired by SoundCloud which lets you comment on songs publicly but I don't think they have something like this or at least specifically.)

Edit: I think whenever you make note you can the option to make it color coded and the notes could be subtle. Like on the three dots it says show note or hide note . I also think Spotify in general should let users have the option to choose to have different colors as the background.)

thank you

woutvanstraelen

The option to have fullscreen album art on desktop should be added again, why did that get discontinued?

SRGV

November 2020 idea?

Make work what is not working since 2015 (14? 13?) ?

Like syncing local files from PC to Android Devices. (Yeah yeah, I've tried it all, same wi-fi network,... including reinstalling all the stuff).

When I read all the problems related to that syncing, looks like Spotify doesn't give a ...

Tell me you're there for streaming... For what? Your exclusive podcasts? Nah, keep them for yourselves. Your songs suddenly unavailable in my country? Nah.

YEARS LATER, nothing has changed. So what Spotify, do you even care ? Is that problem above your capabilities? "I'm sending this problem to our engineer" said the bot... Engi what?

What about randomization of songs of a playlist? The same songs are beeing played (no matter how I sort them) and the same songs are not...

One last, how can Spotify suggest me to "discover" a song that is already in a manual playlist or that is already a liked song... Well, well...

Glad to see you don't need happy customers to get your money...