Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

November Ideas Review 2020

Elena

Every few months the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated.

Below you can find the statuses changed the last couple of months. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Podcasts] Downloaded podcasts should also play videos not just audio

We've now rolled out the ability to download video content for offline viewing for iOS and Android users.

This will be the new default setting, but you can easily toggle it off in the app settings to only save audio when downloading video podcasts.

2. [All Platforms][Podcasts] Download Audio Only

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to save audio-only when downloading video podcasts. Android and iOS users can toggle it off in the app settings

3. [All Platforms][Other] Allow SongShift and others to export songs again

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one! This should now be implemented.

GOOD IDEA:

4. [Ads] Ads Filter

5. [Your Music] Add LOCAL FILES to Your Music

6. [Connect] Don’t automatically sync what I am playing across Devices

7. [Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

CASE CLOSED:

8. [Playlists] Smart Playlists

9. [Playlists] Sort by Release Date

10. [Playlists] Statistics and Analytics for Playlists

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

11. [Your Music] Spotify Wrapped: Releases the Statistics weekly

12. [Playlists] Only selected Playlist Authors for Collaborative Playlist

13. [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen 

14. [Desktop] Allow an optional switch between desktop and web player look on desktop app

15. Make "Liked Songs" playlist shareable

16. [Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3Z3QhZAZpqwZa1phsbQ3JZ                                     

23 Comments
feelingofstoke
  • Hey. Why don’t you Review the consistent ask for Spotify app for Apple Watch to allow for offline content download functionality. Pandora has it. And many of us loyal Spotify users have left begrudgingly to Apple Music to have this crucial functionality for runners and fitness enthusiasts who want to train without their phone and either don’t have an LTE enabled Apple Watch or are running in areas with bad LTE service.
WesleyRSA

I contacted Spotify support, and explained my problem, they advised that I use the ideas platform, hope I'm in the right place? I have a problem with the fact that spotify show's me an 'editor's picks' section, of recommended playlists. I am part of an ethnic minority in the country where I live, the Editor's picks are curated for the majority ethnic group. The music it 'recommends' for me, is the opposite of my taste, leaving me feeling marginalized. 

I would have like to be able to change my country settings to the USA, because American's tastes in music are much closer to mine. But according to spotify, it's only possible to change your country if you're in that country physically.

This is a massive oversight, and cause for offense. Every country has minority groups, and thus the marginalized, you don't want to receive the same treatment on a platform that you use to enjoy music, especially one that you have to pay to use. 

I suggest that there be a setting added to change your region, for the sole purpose of recommending music relevant to you based on ethnicity/nationality, but without affecting the monthly premium payable. This means there should be two country settings, the one, as is currently there, to list your physical country of residence, to get correctly billed. The other to list the country of your people or people you identify with, to get correct music recommendations. 

This is particularly important if the ethnic majority hate the minority, and people in the minority group HAVE TO see the faces of those (people who would like to see my people dead) in the majority group. (referring to the faces on the album covers shown on 'Editor's picks')

Lalala222

Idea. Stop spamming emails with ADS! Its annoying. I got emails regarding prince harrys son .... I do not care about the royal family or the sounds any of them make and the fact Spotify promotes this is ridiculous. Im ready to leave this subscription im being spammed by ads and ridiculous things. Stop it. Let me search the music I want. Dont tell me what to listen to we do not have the same taste of music. Im ticked off with the amount of spamming ad emails im getting from Spotify.  Stop it! This is why people are going other places!!!!

mikemcg12

Explicit content shouldn't be suggested or recommend as short cuts or anything else. 

I listend to "American **bleep** Podcast" once, and now it is constantly recommended as a short cut and reminder to revisit it. 

I have a family plan and use it on my desktop for work. I can not have "American **bleep**" displayed on my desktop. 

Please at least TAG content as explicit, then don't recommend it, EVER. I am currently trying to reprogram the algorythm by playing other podcasts at x3 speed, but... "American **bleep** Podcast" won't go away??? I will have to cancel if this isn't fixed in a few days. 

Enough of this "data mining algorythm stuff".... you don't need to reshow me what I've looked at!

mikemcg12

It's sad... because when I posted this.... it automatically "bleeps" out the middle word in "American  .S. .E. .EX. Podcast."  But why bleep it out? Is it  because .S. E. .EX. is inappropriate? I would agree, then why are you suggesting I add American .S. .E. .EX. Podcast as a short cut? Or, Dildorks or some other weird stuff.... I watched it once. 

Seriously, it's not a threat, but I have to delete my account. I need to be able to delete all history, all the time. Every time.