Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-blue.png

Ideas Review

November Ideas Review 2020

Elena

Every few months the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated.

Below you can find the statuses changed the last couple of months. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms][Podcasts] Downloaded podcasts should also play videos not just audio

We've now rolled out the ability to download video content for offline viewing for iOS and Android users.

This will be the new default setting, but you can easily toggle it off in the app settings to only save audio when downloading video podcasts.

2. [All Platforms][Podcasts] Download Audio Only

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to save audio-only when downloading video podcasts. Android and iOS users can toggle it off in the app settings

3. [All Platforms][Other] Allow SongShift and others to export songs again

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one! This should now be implemented.

GOOD IDEA:

4. [Ads] Ads Filter

5. [Your Music] Add LOCAL FILES to Your Music

6. [Connect] Don’t automatically sync what I am playing across Devices

7. [Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

CASE CLOSED:

8. [Playlists] Smart Playlists

9. [Playlists] Sort by Release Date

10. [Playlists] Statistics and Analytics for Playlists

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

11. [Your Music] Spotify Wrapped: Releases the Statistics weekly

12. [Playlists] Only selected Playlist Authors for Collaborative Playlist

13. [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen 

14. [Desktop] Allow an optional switch between desktop and web player look on desktop app

15. Make "Liked Songs" playlist shareable

16. [Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3Z3QhZAZpqwZa1phsbQ3JZ                                     

23 Comments
laubou

I would love to have more optional social interactions on Spotify. The anonymity is still quit big. For example you can't see who follows your playlist etc. Would love to have more interaction with (new)friends based on sharing music and playlist like a group chat. A  interactive platform bases around (sharing)music.

illuvatar

We need offline listening on Apple Watch. More than 9.200 requests, no answer from Spotify. "We are listening..." Just kidding not really. We just care about podcasts now. Get working on it Spotify.

harripus

Good morning from Norway.

I am new at using Spotify community. 

I have a question and maybe you can help me. Once I got a update from Spotify on how many hours I've listened to an artist. I thought it was an interesting funfact about myself. Now I would like to know a bit more, like how many hours I listen to my playlists per day, per week, per month, per year. Is it possible to get this information? 

I am a woman, 52 years old, and I got a feeling that I listen to music a bit more than the average women at my age. It would be interesting to know if I am right 🙂 

I use spotify every single day at home, in my car, when i work and so on.... I love music in any form, electronica, reggae, progrock, folkrock, soul, jazz, you name it.

Forgive me if I have taken your time with a "stupid" question or an idèa that already exists 🙂