Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-red (1).png

October 2019 Ideas Review

Guido

Ideas Review

Hey all!

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How your feedback reaches Spotify”. 

Here's all updates for October:

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms] Party Mode: Only Queue, Password, etc.

Definitely Octobers most popular Idea. Get your party hats on but behave!

2. [Android] "Don't play this artist" feature for Android Premium users

3. [Daily Mix] Allow Daily Mix to be Followed

Idea Status here.

4. [Daily Mixes] Save Daily Mix offline

GOOD IDEA:

5. [All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

Definitely one of the most popular ideas out there. We are still looking into this. Don't forget to leave a vote if you haven't yet and are interested in this idea.

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

6. Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

October's most popular idea we marked as Not Right Now, but not to fear, you can still vote for this (or any other idea in this section). We will revisit and reconsider these ideas in the future.

7. Relevant Ads to currently listened Music

8. Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

9. Visualizer

10. Teacher Discount

11. Shuffle by Album

12. Create & manage Playlist Folders

13. Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

14. New Release Section for Followed Artists

15. View & Play local Files on your Device directly in Spotify

16. Support Backdrop Wallpapers (Screensaver)

17. Student Discount in Quebec

18. Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

19. View how many times we streamed a specific Song/Artist/Album

20. Add Display Name Option for User Account

21. Make Spotify Available in Pakistan

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

spotify:track:5ytmV00jr7di9K0O10dkBO 

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

21 Comments
ruperttbear

I am not sure if this plea for help is going-up in the right place - but this community format has now been changed and makes no sense at all (makes it very hard to navigate and interact with).  You almost sense that the last format was too successful and too many people told spotify what they thought of it?

We all know that the smart thinking that makes spotify work aint so smart.  Many of my problems would be solved if we had the much vaunted 'forget this artist option'.  I read that it has been implemented for everyone (all users) but I will be dammed if I can find it!  There was an opaque comment on this forum about 'go to pages' (whatever that means / wherever that may be) and another in the help section about click the menu option and just select 'do not play this artist'. I have yet to find anything that looks like 'forget this artist'.  I use spotify premium on iPhone  and have even had a look around on the desk-top but nothing has popped-up

What am I missing - help me out folks!

I might respectfully suggest that your smart algorithms might have identified that when I click on the 'don't play this song' icon every time I hear any song by a particular artist that this might be a clue to stop playing songs by that artist?  Turns out no!  

As they say 'artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!'

polyphant

Glad everyone else is struggling with this, absolutely terrible... 

FaeriePirate17

If this isn't the right place for this, I apologize, but I can't seem to figure out where I can actually ask a question so this was my best bet. 

Up until a few weeks ago, I was able to use the 🚫 feature when listening to playlists created by other people. It was great, since there are usually a few songs that I'd prefer not to listen to on a playlist, and it saved me from having to use a "skip" when I wasn't a premium member. I've noticed that the option to "hide" a song is now gone and I'd like to know if this is a permanent thing? This was such a fantastic feature, and I don't see how it could have negatively impacted anything given that it wasn't actually taking songs off of playlists - it was just letting listeners adjust the songs that they wanted to hear. 

I have version 8.5.33.831 and this is an issue on my Desktop (Windows) as well as my Samsung Galaxy S9

toddruney

Would love to see how my usage stacks up to other users around the world. For instance, I listened to a little over **bleep**,000 minutes of music in 2019, and I am curious to see how my music obsession compares to other people in the US and around the world.

sjp1966

What metrics do Spotify use to carry an idea forward, is it literally the amount of upvotes it gets or some other method.

And on the ideas that get the "we are not considering this at the moment" it would be nice to give an explanation as to why, ive read at least one good ideas today that was detailed in its approach and it was marked as "not being implemented" but with no explanation as to why.