Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Monthly_ideas_review-red (1).png

October 2019 Ideas Review

Guido

Ideas Review

Hey all!

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the statuses we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

Below you can find the statuses changed last month. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How your feedback reaches Spotify”. 

Here's all updates for October:

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [All Platforms] Party Mode: Only Queue, Password, etc.

Definitely Octobers most popular Idea. Get your party hats on but behave!

2. [Android] "Don't play this artist" feature for Android Premium users

3. [Daily Mix] Allow Daily Mix to be Followed

Idea Status here.

4. [Daily Mixes] Save Daily Mix offline

GOOD IDEA:

5. [All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

Definitely one of the most popular ideas out there. We are still looking into this. Don't forget to leave a vote if you haven't yet and are interested in this idea.

NOT RIGHT
NOW:

6. Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

October's most popular idea we marked as Not Right Now, but not to fear, you can still vote for this (or any other idea in this section). We will revisit and reconsider these ideas in the future.

7. Relevant Ads to currently listened Music

8. Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

9. Visualizer

10. Teacher Discount

11. Shuffle by Album

12. Create & manage Playlist Folders

13. Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

14. New Release Section for Followed Artists

15. View & Play local Files on your Device directly in Spotify

16. Support Backdrop Wallpapers (Screensaver)

17. Student Discount in Quebec

18. Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

19. View how many times we streamed a specific Song/Artist/Album

20. Add Display Name Option for User Account

21. Make Spotify Available in Pakistan

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

spotify:track:5ytmV00jr7di9K0O10dkBO 

If you'd also like to see some changes before other users you can sign-up to join our thousands of Beta testers here.

21 Comments
gasdrawls

can you please add an option where certain music/playlists don’t affect your ‘taste’ or discover weekly because i listen to a lot of ambient music when i go to sleep and because i spend so long listening to it all my wrapped playlists are that type of music and recommendations rarely have what i actually enjoy listening to during the day. if you could add a sleep option it would be really good 

jmecook

I dont mind often played artists being at the top of my library, but i'd love if my library itself could go back to being in alphabetical order. I cannot find artists that im thinking of in the moment and i get frustrated and use youtube instead. Without being able to find artists and music in my downloaded library quickly, i have no use paying for this app. I could just youtube the songs i want to hear in the same amount of time it now takes me to search through spotify but for free.

danee8
Option to 'lock to this device' while music is playing.

This is an old request.

Firstly, I think that the voting of 100 uptick or requests for the same thing is unreasonable.  Most people like me do not even know about this forum. Please spotify change the numbers to a lower more reasonable amount.

Secondly, this request is reasonable as the Spotify on our Tesla takes over all the time when we are playing on our other devices. We would like to be able to lock the device to our computers at least. A simple flag and decision in program is all that is needed. 2 lines ? I am a programmer.

Can you please see the old link and redo this request. Even more devices now exist then in 2017 and it makes me want to consider a different music playing service when everyday we come in from the Tesla then have to keep switching our players on the computers and devices. In the car we do NOT stream from our devices to the car as most other owners I am sure. I AM THINKING that this also drains the Tesla batteries. Please. I will inform the car company also. thanks
The-Caller

Has Spotify thought of having a cheaper paid for service? For the amount I use Spotify, £10/month is too much so the free acount is a better option but I would consider a £5/month option, the trade off could be limiting the number of streamings allowed, when this was reached the account could revert to showing advertising as per the free account.

sebids

Please implement the ability that one can like music via a hotkey on keyboard or via speech "Alexa, like this Spotify song". Gestures & haptics (see Tinder) are hugely important to drive engagement. This is an old evolutionary hack. You totally need this, maybe you don't know this yet. Further, this is so simple, I don't think one should even have to vote on this. Why can I press a button for "next song" but not for "like"? This totally doesn't make sense to me and honestly, this would improve my user experience by a lot.
Your business depends on users discovering music. Lock-in happens when users like music. Your raison d'être is a music concierge service. Liking is the single best way to train my music recommendation AI concierge. Thus, you should make it easier to like music, e.g. via a hotkey.
Isn't this an obvious no cost no risk solid upside suggestion?
Anybody got an idea why this still hasn't happened?
Thanks Spotify for making 2020 the year that we get a hotkey to like music.