Step 1

NEXT STEP

blog-intro.jpg

Albums
alternative
New Music Friday

October 6, 2017 : new indie albums worth a listen

Soundofus

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. 

September 2017 - New Indie Releases

New Music Friday : October 6, 2017

Spotify community users are welcome to post comments.

Be respectful of the subject of the blog-post and don't post anytning inappropriate or having nothing to see with the subject.

THE WEATHER STATION WOLF PARADE
The Weather Station Cry Cry Cry
Origin : Toronto, Canada Origin : Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Genre : Alternative Folk/Rock Genre : Indie Rock
==> Fifth studio album by the Canadian band, musical project of singer-songwriter and actress Tamara Linderman. On this self-titled new release, the band expands its sound towards more rock-oriented territory. ==> Fourth studio album by the Canadian band active from 2003 to 2011 and reformed in 2016 after a 5 years hiatus. They are signed to label Sub Pop Records.

MARILYN MANSON LIAM GALLAGHER
Heaven Upside Down As You Were (Deluxe Edition)
Origin : Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA Origin : Manchester, England
Genre : Alternative Rock; Alternative Metal Genre : Indie Rock

==> Tenth studio album by the American band formed in 1989. Talking about this album, Manson said "... It's by far the most thematic and over-complicated thing that I've done...", and said it contains some of his most politically charged lyrics.

==> Debut solo studio album by the British singer-singer songwriter best know as lead singer of the band Oasis. "Liam says solo album success would give him "leverage" over his brother Noel in talks about a reunion of Oasis" (NME)

WEAVES JD McPHERSON
Wide Open UNDIVIDED HEART & SOUL
Origin : Toronto, Ontario, Canada Origin : Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Genre : Indie Pop Genre : Alternative Rock, Rockabilly
==> Second studio album by the Canadian band formed in 2012 and consisting of vocalist Jasmyn Burke, guitarist Morgan Waters, drummer Spencer Cole and bassist Zach Bines. ==> Third studio album by the American singer-songwriter, guitarist, known for his retro Roots sound oriented Rock'n'Roll, Rhythm and Blues, and rockabilly music of the 1950s.

ALEX LAHEY BLUE HAWAII
I Love You Like a Brother Tenderness
Origin : Melbourne, Australia Origin : Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Genre : Indie Folk-Rock Genre : Electronica, Electro Pop
==> Brilliant, debut album by the Australian singer-songwriter, multi instrumentalist, lover of the fuzz pedal. "... Her writing lands somewhere between the charming specificity of Courtney Barnett and the soulful, emphatic delivery of fellow Aussie rockers Royal Headache..." (Pitchfork) ==> Second studio album by the Canadian electronic duo formed in 2010 and consisting of Braids member Raphaelle Standell-Preston and Alex "Agor" Cowan.

CULTS MARK KOZELEK, BEN BOYE, JIM WHITE
Offering mark kozelek with ben boye and jim white
Origin : Manhattan, New York, USA Origin : Massillon, Ohio, USA
Genre : Indie Pop Genre : Alternative Folk/Rock

==> Third studio album by the American duo formed in 2010 by guitarist Brian Oblivion and singer Madeline Follin when they were students in New York City.

==> Collaboration between Mark Kozelek (Sun Kill Moon, Red House Painters), American singer-songwriter, guitarist, record producer and Ben Boye (Will Oldham) et Jim White (Dirty Three).

1 Comment
Jack

Nice list as always, @Soundofus!

Already spun the Mark Kozelek record, really enjoyed it! Nothing will compare to his Sun Kil Moon catalogue, though. 'Benji' and 'Universal Themes' are genuinely two of my all-time favourite albums.

I'm reviewing the new Wolf Parade album for a site I write for; safe to say they've returned to the glory of the debut. Strong record.