Post of the Week: Have Premium don't have Spotify radio

Post_of_the_week-blue (1).png

Hey everyone!

A new year may have begun but some things remain constant, like recognition for another week's great post.

So, without any further delay, this week's Post of the Week goes to *insert drumrolls here* @Keanu_C 👏

Why, you say? Well, in this week's post, our Rock Star helped a user that was surprised after his app updated and he was missing the Radio tab:

image.png

Here at Spotify, we’re always looking for ways to connect people with the music they love and we recently refreshed Spotify Premium on mobile devices.

The new premium update has 3 tabs: Home, Search, and Library to allow for a deeper, more personal way to find the right music for the moment, or to discover a new path to explore. You can read more here

Armed with this knowledge, @Keanu_C was quick to pop in and help the confused user:

image.png

As a thank-you for a great post and helping others here in the Community, here's a month of Premium on us @Keanu_C 🎉 

spotify:track:6w3qhogFltLYV8c4aJIEBW

If you also enjoy helping users in the Community, you too can join the Rock Star Program. Head here for more info and how to apply.

That's a wrap! We'll see you all next week :)

7 Comments
ninatoli

Why are radio stations just long playlists now? I enjoyed liking/disliking songs and tailoring my station. Now I'm stuck with whatever Spotify picks for me. What happens when I reach the end of the playlist? Start all over again? I thought the point of radio was to discover new music!

Jon_Cash_1000
Casual Listener

Great stuff .  Im Artist if anyone looking for new music look me up or want to work together

Hey @ninatoli,

Thanks for your question :)

This is currently expected behaviour.

For more information about it, just head over to this thread.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

ReverendRad
Regular

Bring back the radio function. This was one of my favorite function and I really dont like the fact that it have to got to a playlist that made for me. I prefer to vote and have the radio station taylored more to I rather be listening to rather than a set playlists.

Leland
Casual Listener

I understand that this is the normal behavior now, but it is, for lack of a more creative term, bad. I sat in my car futzing with my phone for ten minutes wondering if I was going crazy. I can make a thumbs up/down station from a song as it's playing, so that is fine. But I went to a trusty old artist radio station and found that it is now a playlist and I can't give feedback on it. What do I do if the artist radio station plays a bunch of things I don't like? I had really fine tuned some stations that I loved, and now the new playlist stations are much lower in quality. 

corey9

I think this newly intensified focus on corporate-curated playlists is generally a bad business decision (in the long run). The Spotify experience used to feel like thumbing through albums at a record store. Now, it's more like digging through a bargain bin of prepackaged greatest hits.

New features are fine, but not at the expense of some of the much-loved staples of the user experience. Finding the "Discovery" function is now a chore as well, and I can't help but notice that I'm forced to wade through a gallery of pictures of millionaires before I can find the lesser-known artists I used to enjoy discovering on Spotify. I think it's only a matter of time before the customers with whom Spotify have built a devoted following start to tire of having prepackaged greatest hits crammed down their throats.

I still like the service. I'll still continue with Premium. But I'm disappointed.

Labels