Post of the Week: Payment for student discount

Spotify
Spotify

postoftheweek04.png

Here it is! Another fresh-faced Thursday rolled round and ready to make way for our Community Spotlight. This week’s post with the most goes to Rising Star @Tom__ 🎉

Thomas’ post provides a template for one of the most common questions concerning the student discount: pending payments. The user got in touch to say:

‘I tried to get the student discount thing, but I did not know that is it was only for college students, and I don't know how, but I accidently clicked next, and now I have lost 50 danish money. 

Can you guys do something, so I can get my money back or are they lost?’

As the user included that they’re not a college student, we could be sure that the payment hadn’t been taken by us. Displaying a thorough knowledge of our support articles and subscription prices, Thomas recognised the issue as a pending charge. Compiling all the necessary info, he offered the user a concise, helpful, and friendly response which was later marked as the solution. His reply began with what would cement a reassuring tone:

‘It’s very likely just a pending charge if you haven’t received a receipt from Spotify via Email :)’

Empathy driven, this tone of voice remained constant throughout the conversation. Missing money can be stressful, but Thomas managed the user’s expectations with perfect clarity:

‘If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.’

The user reciprocated the warm tone, replying:

‘Thank you so much, it helped me a lot!

I will keep an eye on my bank account then :)’

To top it off, @Tom__ dropped the cherry on top in the form of a RAK - you can check it out here.

From everyone here in the Community, thanks for all your hard work! We’ve added a month of Premium to your account - enjoy :)

Labels