Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Announcement.jpg

Rock Star Program - Name Change!

Melody

Hey everyone,

Heads up, we've got an exciting change coming up in the Rock Star program and we’d love to tell you about it.

We recently released our Star program values, and this was a commitment to delivering a more inclusive and welcoming program, with a goal to increase the diversity of our members. 

We’ve had some feedback on the name ‘Rock Stars’ over the years, and keeping this in mind we’re updating the program name to The Spotify Stars and appearing on Twitter as @AskSpotifyStars instead of @AskRockStars. 

If you’d like a reminder of our values, these are:

Respect:

We act with respect. Towards all Community users, each other, the program, and the company.

Inclusion:

No one should feel unseen or unheard. We believe in celebrating each person’s unique talents, interests, and backgrounds.

Support:

We're happy to help. We support our fellow Community users, and each other.

Teamwork:

We belong to a team. We pride ourselves in being part of something greater, together.

Fun:

We're not employees. We do this because it's fun, and we love it!

Responsibility:

We understand that our words and actions represent Spotify and the Rock Star Program, and we want to set the best example.

As you might have guessed, this is part of a bigger project where we’ll be updating the name of our Rock Star Program around Community too, so stay tuned!

Love, 

The Community Team

17 Comments
EthanS1

🚀💚

Katerina

Go @AskSpotifyStars woop woop! 

lblackwelluk

Would being a part of this program allow qualifying Spotify Star users more insight on upcoming releases and rollouts (specifically what changes and updates will be included)? This would be extremely helpful as they often serve as contact points for distributing tips and information.

Katerina

Hey @lblackwelluk - that's a great question!

You can find out more on the perks of being a Star here - I think that'll answer your question 🙂

lblackwelluk

@Katerina

Thank you, I'd checked out the list of perks (listed below), and what I wanted to know specifically is if those broad categories like "early testing opportunities" include specific details about what's being included in those rollouts and updates. I was in the extended Beta test for the new Desktop UI (not by choice), and being in that advance testing didn't give us any information about what was being changed or what to watch for and give specific feedback on.

As nice as swag can be, it's that kind of information that I would be most interested in. Is that something that's communicated about to Spotify Star participants?

Being in the program also gives Stars some cool perks, like:

• Advanced forum permissions and access
  • Product research, feedback, and early testing opportunities
  • Regular calls with Spotify teams
  • Star-only events
  • Swag