Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Announcement.jpg

Rock Star Program - Name Change!

Melody

Hey everyone,

Heads up, we've got an exciting change coming up in the Rock Star program and we’d love to tell you about it.

We recently released our Star program values, and this was a commitment to delivering a more inclusive and welcoming program, with a goal to increase the diversity of our members. 

We’ve had some feedback on the name ‘Rock Stars’ over the years, and keeping this in mind we’re updating the program name to The Spotify Stars and appearing on Twitter as @AskSpotifyStars instead of @AskRockStars. 

If you’d like a reminder of our values, these are:

Respect:

We act with respect. Towards all Community users, each other, the program, and the company.

Inclusion:

No one should feel unseen or unheard. We believe in celebrating each person’s unique talents, interests, and backgrounds.

Support:

We're happy to help. We support our fellow Community users, and each other.

Teamwork:

We belong to a team. We pride ourselves in being part of something greater, together.

Fun:

We're not employees. We do this because it's fun, and we love it!

Responsibility:

We understand that our words and actions represent Spotify and the Rock Star Program, and we want to set the best example.

As you might have guessed, this is part of a bigger project where we’ll be updating the name of our Rock Star Program around Community too, so stay tuned!

Love, 

The Community Team

17 Comments
lblackwelluk

Hi @Katerina

Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking.

If it's helpful, this is the link to the Rock Star program page:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Rock-Stars/ct-p/superuserarea

The exact quote there is "Once you’ve made enough posts in Help, Music Chat or Content Questions you’ll get a private message from us with the next steps in the application process."

My question is, now that this is known as the Spotify Stars program, what constitutes enough? What is considered a certain amount of helpful comments and posts? What's the criteria to be eligible for the program?

Thank you very much.

lblackwelluk

Katerina

Thank you for that @lblackwelluk, I get a bit better what you meant now!

The landing page you linked is a bit outdated as is and will be getting an update soon.

We've changed a bit things recently on how you can apply in the program, there's a brief form you can fill in instead to let us know you're interested. The new page will include this info too once it's live 🙂 For now though, I'll share it so you can fill it in if you're interested.  

Cheers 🙂

lblackwelluk

Hi @Katerina,

Thank you, I had seen the application form before (although perhaps it was for the program under the previous Rock Star name).

What I'm asking though is about the criteria for being considered. So far, it's been a little unclear, simply that it needs to be a certain amount of helpful posts, comments, etc.

I know how many badges I have (not all that may in the big picture), and I'm trying to determine if I'm anywhere remotely close to the mark for what Spotify is looking for. I'm trying to find out what the criteria is so I can determine if it's worth pursuing.

What constitutes enough helpful contributions to be eligible?

If this is something proprietary and not being made public (like the IMDB ranking algorithm), please let me know, and that's fine.

Thank you,

lblackwelluk

Peter

Hey @lblackwelluk - I am a former member of the Moderator team (s/o to @Katerina and @Elena), and I helped draft the new values for the new Star Program.

To answer your question: The intention is to move away from criteria based purely on the quantity of posts you make as a Star, and instead to look at a broader set of criteria which constitute being an active member of the Program. This of course also includes whether or not the Star honours and practices the values of the Program, which are at the core of what makes a Star... a Star.

This is all still very much in progress last I heard, but in any case my suggestion to you would be: Fill out the form that Kate linked you to to show your interest and go through the onboarding process. This will be a chance for you to speak to the team and get a sense of what it'll be like, and then you can make a more informed decision.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

lblackwelluk

@Peter

Thank you very much for the clarification regarding the criteria.

lblackwelluk