Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

announcement_red__1___1_.png

Your Library

Save, save, save...

Soundofus

20th century Revolution

• This year marks the 50th anniversary of the separation of The Beatles, who were, in my opinion, the musical revolution of the previous century. Since December 2015, their music's been on Spotify for everyone to enjoy.

spotify:track:1aOzDhi5a1RWWRy5dmYA8I:small

April 2020 Revolution

• Ok, so the word 'revolution' might be a little strong, but to me this is huge news...

• Spotify has started rolling out an unlimited library experience, meaning they're removing the limit on saved items in a user's library!

• This affects liked songs, and liked albums!

A bit of history:

• Since 2014, the request to remove this limit has been very popular in the Community Ideas Exchange, with over 12,500 votes.

• Before now, it was only possible to save 10,000 items in your Spotify library.

• Once you hit the limit, a message said "Epic collection my friend. There's no more room in Your Library. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs or albums".

What it will change:

• Save, save, save!

• This makes it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

• Avid Spotify users like me will no longer have to curate their Library, or remove songs before adding new tracks.

• This also avoids that anxious feeling that appears when you're deciding whether to save full albums, or select single tracks in anticipation of the 'epic collection my friend' pop up.

Faq

• Can I like/save as many songs, and albums as I'd like? : yes

• Does this impact the offline listening limit? : no

• Spotify users are able to download 10,000 songs on 5 different devices for offline listening.

• Can I add as many songs as I'd like to a playlist? : no

• This doesn't impact the current limit of 10,000 items in a playlist.

• If you're still getting the limit message, don't worry. You'll get the new experience soon!

spotify:track:6dGnYIeXmHdcikdzNNDMm2:small

59 Comments
yeahitscharlie

Spotify, this is the greatest news I've heard in a long time. Thank you for finally doing this. It honestly changes so much when it comes to the way I listen to music through your app.

smkspotify

Thank you Spotify! I only have 4k liked songs but I plan on using your app for pretty much the rest of my life and I was always anxious about reaching the limit. 

hafc

Wish they made playlist limit infinite instead of 10k limit

jezako

Nice one, Spotify!

This is a great move.

LatentTwist

Who cares about being able to save more songs when the way you've formatted the desktop version makes it virtually impossible to find those songs again without having to scroll through every single song in the order I saved them. Utterly useless now