Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Say hello to our music partnership with Sprint (US)

Spotify
Spotify

Spotify and Sprint have joined forces. Sign up for Sprint Unlimited or the Sprint Family Share Pack plans and get six months free Spotify Premium. After six months, you can subscribe to Premium at a discounted rate.

Here’s how it works:

• Sprint Unlimited – six months free Premium, then $7.99/month for 18 months, then $9.99/month.
  • Sprint Family Share Pack (up to 10 people) - six months free Premium, then $7.99/month for 18 months, then $9.99/month (per person).
  • Customers on other Sprint “Unlimited My Way” and “My All In” tariffs  - three months free Premium, then $9.99/month.

As a Spotify Premium user, you’ll enjoy:

• Unlimited access to over 20 million songs.
  • No ads.
  • Creating playlists with your favorite music.
  • Sharing playlists with other Spotify users.
  • High quality streaming.
  • The ability to travel abroad with your music.

To activate the Spotify Premium deal with Sprint please cancel any existing Spotify subscription:

1. Head to https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/
  2. Under Cancel your subscription, click View your options.
  3. Select Other reasons. Click CONTINUE.
  4. Click CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.
  5. Enter your passwordin the password field. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM (​or UNLIMITED)

To learn more about the getting Spotify with Sprintclick here.

45 Comments
Community Legend
Sounds like an excellent deal!
Community Legend

Now bring on T-Mobile USA! 😄

Community Legend
Now do the UK mobile networks 😉
Community Legend
Already on Vodafone in the UK (with 4G).
Community Legend

@Peter wrote:
Already on Vodafone in the UK (with 4G).

I meant all the networks... Vodafone don't give anywhere near enough internet for Spotify. Also, why would I buy something if I can't use it? No 4G here 😛

Nope, three is where to go - no extra 4G cost, and coming here before the end of 2014.

Casual Listener

I am a current premium subscriber on Sprint. When I call them to set this up, will my current account be converted to a free trial and discounted account?

Community Legend
@dansmith_13 - As with most partner subscriptions, you will probably need to cancel your current Spotify premium subscription, then get in touch with Sprint to re-upgrade you if you are eligible to be billed with them.

I already have Spotify and just switched to spring. How do I get the discount?

Community Legend

@maggiedirksen wrote:

I already have Spotify and just switched to spring. How do I get the discount?

@maggiedirksen  Apparently, if you download Spotify on your Sprint phone, all you do is have to open up the application. If that doesn't work, just activate through here.

Casual Listener

How do we activate the spotify - sprint promotion? Does nt it seem to work for me?

Community Legend
Was wondering this myself looking at a few other posts. Does it not work if you go to:
http://www.sprint.com/spotify and log into your Sprint account like suggested previously?
Casual Listener

It did not work for me. Going to this link and hitting sign up just leads me to my account page.

Community Legend

@kswamin wrote:

It did not work for me. Going to this link and hitting sign up just leads me to my account page.

Hey there @kswamin, welcome to the community!

Sorry for all the trouble! 

Go here and once you are logged into your Sprint account select change my service, this will take you to a list of available service add on's. Under music, you will see 'Spotify Premium- FREE." Once selected click save. You will then receive a text message with a link to get started on your free trail, enjoy! If you have any trouble let me know!

CC: @maggiedirksen @Peter__ 

Community Legend
Thanks for the details @Merik ! 🙂
Casual Listener

It worked! Thanks a ton, Merik.

Casual Listener

Will this allow me to use the same account I already have? I have many playlists created and would hate to have to go through and start over from scratch.

Community Legend
Yup, you should be able to use the same account (although it you already have a subscription you may need to cancel it first).
Casual Listener

I have added this to my sprint account twice now and I get the text to activate this but everytime I hot activate trial I get the Error that says Sorry it seem that we are expericing Technical Difficulties, please try again later....this has been going on for over a week...

Randy

Community Legend

@randywalters75 wrote:

I have added this to my sprint account twice now and I get the text to activate this but everytime I hot activate trial I get the Error that says Sorry it seem that we are expericing Technical Difficulties, please try again later....this has been going on for over a week...

Randy

Hey there @randywalters75, welcome to the community!

I would reccomend you contact Sprint's customer service and they should be able to add Spotify for you! 🙂 Call them at *2 on your sprint phone.

Casual Listener

I did, They referred me to Spotify since the error Im getting is from them, Spotify is active on my account.....

Labels