Spotify Community Rock Star Program

Rorey
Spotify Legend

RSP orange burst copy.jpg

Hello Spotify lovers!

Have you ever shown a friend how to sync a playlist? Ever explained how Spotify works to a group of people? At Spotify, we know users helping users is something special.

That’s why we’ve created the Spotify Rock Star Program to recognize awesome contributors. You can earn points in the Rock Star Program by:

• Answering questions here in the Spotify Community.
  • Answering questions via our @AskRockStars Twitter channel.
  • Writing Blog/ Knowledge Base articles
  • Participating in the Music Room
  • And much more

By helping out you can then earn points to redeem for prizes, such as:

• Premium codes.
  • Spotify gear. 
  • Headphones
  • Speakers
  • Curated Playlists
  • Beta groups
  • And more

Want to join the Rock Star band? Let us know by filling in this short application form here.

Those interested in helping us on Twitter at @AskRockStars should also take this Twitter survey. Those selected will then receive access to our tool for finding great tweets to help others.

RisingStar.png

01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png 05.png 06.png
297 Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

If you like to help people, it's a good thing. All helpers are noticed here.

Andymulb
Music Fan

I persuaded very many people to use spotify because it's the cleverest idea i've ever heared from to finance a music streaming platform by advertising. Now many guys Iknow are using spotify and are very happy with it and your idea to stream music from a portable device for free with advertisements is such a good additive. Apart from that it's easier to find new artist because of all that professional playlists and i think its esier for artists to get famous. Well done Spotify.

And if you want you can make me famous here's a link to my song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XdOKQj7EU

https://soundcloud.com/andreas-blum-6/ni-2-2-extended-cut

user-removed
Not applicable

@Andymulb wrote:

I persuaded very many people to use spotify because it's the cleverest idea i've ever heared from to finance a music streaming platform by advertising. Now many guys Iknow are using spotify and are very happy with it and your idea to stream music from a portable device for free with advertisements is such a good additive. Apart from that it's easier to find new artist because of all that professional playlists and i think its esier for artists to get famous. Well done Spotify.

And if you want you can make me famous here's a link to my song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XdOKQj7EU

https://soundcloud.com/andreas-blum-6/ni-2-2-extended-cut

Hey there.

Thanks for music. I enjoy music.

tamarronaldo
Roadie

I would like to explore like everyone
LILROSEFIRE
Regular
Hi, I love Spotify and music
Peter__
Community Legend

Looking forward to seeing you around the community @tamarronaldo and @LILROSEFIRE ! :)

tamarronaldo
Roadie
Yes you will Peter
lolindirfabs
Music Fan

Great , this is great.
I'm trying to convince almost everyone I know to stop downloading pirate music and streaming it, with a huge quality, service and super cheap.

I think I've showing people how spotify works since the first month as a premium subscriber. haha.

Will keep an eye in this program.

Thanks to the staff.

dainajazzpop
Roadie

SPAM REMOVED

dainajazzpop
Roadie

SPAM REMOVED

saiprabhu30697

Me To !!

Peter__
Community Legend
@saiprabhu30697 - Looking forward to seeing you around! :)
Suneast73
Exellent program !
gavin_96
Regular

How can I join the program?

pnc
Community Legend

Hi gavinanthony,

You can start posting, helping people with issues and having fun around :D. Your contribution will be regconized soon.

Peter__
Community Legend
Yup, all you need to do is be helpful on the community and generally love Spotify! ;)
syknyk
Gig Goer

As I've pimped and whored myself to Spotify for the last 5+ years including running a series of playlists that have been featured by Playlists.net (http://playlists.net/playlists/strictly-bass) I would hope that I am classed as a rock star despite not being that active on this particular site. I was fairly active before the site switched to it's own community page.

As well as running Strictly Bass, Strictly Drum And Bass, A Rough Guide To..., I support club nights by making playlists based on setlists, artists, labels and even help get bedroom producers played by a bigger audience.

Mr. Ek even likes a few of my playlists ;)

spotify profile.png
Rorey
Spotify Legend

@syknyk Looking forward to seeing a few of these posted in our Music Discussion area! We love seeing chats about music and playlists. 

Geradish
Regular
So interestingly enough I had a great idea while I was riding the train to school. What if spotify contacted different record labels and tried to collaborate with them?, and started creating record label stations, so users could just listen to artists under that certain label. For example DFA Records, they have many talented artists such as holy ghost, hot chip, LCD Soundsystem, etc. So what if there was a place to listen to only those bands? Well label stations are the solution, also with these label stations you could offer advertising to those record labels, so the ads between songs could showcase a label, and state the different artists that are on said label. These ads would also be linked to certain artists/genres so people don't have to hear about artists or music they don't want to listen to. If this were to work, spotify could also offer pre release tracks, and singles from artists prior to their release date, and spotify exclusive tracks could also become a thing? Just an idea. Form Gerad, student at MSU Denver/ music enthusiast.
andybfmv96
Regular
@Geradish make a post in the ideas forum and make it a reality!
Labels