Spotify paints it black with new look

Community Manager
Community Manager

Spotify paints it black with new look

New Spotify Look

Today we’re launching the best-looking Spotify ever. Introducing a new darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good.

We’re not only improving our looks though. We know how much you love playlists, but that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re introducing Your Music: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. All in one place, and across all platforms.

Building your personal music collection just got a lot easier.

• Content is king. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
  • It’s Your Music collection. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
  • We know you’ll love it. We’ve listened to all your great feedback to ensure that everything looks and feels just right. You told us you preferred a darker interface – so here it is.

We’re also improving our Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.

Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out gradually to our iPhone, desktop and web users from today, and will soon be available across all platforms.

Welcome to the dark side.

865 Comments
nafone

Same problem. No sign of My Music feature on my iPhone. Why not?

Peter__
Community Legend
@dpx - What type of system are you using?

@skalka7 - The linux client is one that is built in the developers free time, normally during hack weeks when they have a break. Unfortunately, since it is not an official client there is no guaranteed release pattern.
wurmcoil
Casual Listener

I'm using the Windows client. Will it be upgraded to the new look? When? I'm still stuck on the old version.

Peter__
Community Legend
The roll out happens over a period of time, it should make it out to you shortly. The built in auto-updater will display the blue "click to restart" banner at the top once the roll out reaches your account.
dpx
Casual Listener

Thanks for your response Peter. I'm viewing play.spotify.com in Iceweasel (=Firefox) 24.4.0 on Debian 7 Wheezy.

The readability is almost as bad on my laptop using Firefox 28.0 on Windows 7.

I should note that the actual text is quite readable, but not very comfortable due to the low contrast. Other colors like selection highlights and the horizontal lines in the settings panel are invisible on my desktop monitor and barely visible on my laptop, making the whole thing almost unusable still.

Heretic
Gig Goer

Why always iOS first !? We are not anymore 5 years ago, so give us a version for the world most used mobile OS who is ANDROID !!!! Thanks.

Peter__
Community Legend
It's not always iOS first though, android has features right now that don't exist on iOS. :p
user-removed
Not applicable

Just updated to the latest version of the iOS app and its great. Just waiting for the desktop app (PC) to update. No signs of new version till now .. :( 

Heretic
Gig Goer

Can you tell me which one please Peter ? anyway, it's good reason to have iOS AND Android at the same time no ?

Peter__
Community Legend
Ever tried to sort a playlist on an iPhone, you can't. If you are part of the Your Music beta, being able to offline sync albums (in fact all Your Music beta feature releases) make it onto android before iOS.
Heretic
Gig Goer

I'm not in beta program. I'm interested, what is the way to subscribe ? Thanks

Peter__
Community Legend
There is a link in the sidebar over there ------>
Mesugar
Casual Listener

I´m missing the album descriptions. Are they totally gone or can´t I just find them?

Second, it´s not easier to use on iOS. Huge buttons for play and shuffle, but mini-buttons for all the rest (the old method of reaching the submenu by just touching the picture was very easy, e.g. while driving. Now you have a micro-button for that.).

btltez
Roadie

Hi Peter

I just signed up for beta test...it says to paste to ''community profile" but where do you do that? also don't see anything new on desktop version. How does the beta test work? Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@btltez wrote:

Hi Peter

I just signed up for beta test...it says to paste to ''community profile" but where do you do that? also don't see anything new on desktop version. How does the beta test work? Thanks!

Looking at the signup sheet you did it right :)

I'll add some info to the beta testing topic.

user-removed
Not applicable

@Per wrote:

Looking at the signup sheet you did it right :)

I'll add some info the beta testing topic.

Also signed up for the BETA earlier, hope you can shed more light on us. :) Thanks! 

btltez
Roadie

thanks! I signed up for ''collections'' a while back but never received any info on how to get it etc

Temeez
Music Fan

Wouldn't it better for you and your users if there was a "Allow beta versions" check box in the Preferences inside each application?

chrillemeter
Casual Listener

I have not got this new update for PC yet. 

jwort93
Roadie

Really excited for Your Music to finally roll out. This was the only reason I had yet to switch to spotify!

Labels