Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review-03.jpg

Ideas Review

Spring Ideas Review 2021

Mario

Our Community Team reviews our Ideas Board regularly and highlights the statuses we’ve updated.

Below you can find the statuses changed over the past couple of months.

For more information take a loot at: Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

IMPLEMENTED

[Desktop] Option if Spotify links should open native Spotify app or Webplayer

Now you can open links directly in the Spotify app!

[Mobile] Playlist Customization: Edit Cover and Caption 

Very requested, here it finally is: the option to edit your playlists' covers and descriptions on mobile 🙂

Thank you for staying with us on these Ideas.

Click on their title to learn more 📖

UNDER CONSIDERATION

. [All Platforms][Other] Mono option for hearing impaired

Genuinely happy to share that this amazing feature, which allows you to have the same exact audio for the left and right headphone/speaker, is now becoming available🎉

. [All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

Another super-popular one 🙂 

Yes, Spotify HiFi is coming!

[Your Music] Make 'Your Music' offline on Desktop

With the new Desktop app, seems like the chance for this to happen might be close!

Keep an eye on these Ideas since we'll be sharing more updates soon.

We thrive on Ideas

We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you.

If you've got a good idea, you can submit it here.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1IYN3VqZzehgwh5NqnavIQ?si=2165f42c45bd4a1d                                         

34 Comments
ericbudke

How about fixing the "update" to the desktop which absolutely sucks. You took away tons of features, wasted a ton of screen real-estate and made it painful to use. That's some progress.

BurningBaboon

Allow us to rate podcasts and support our favorite creators. Apple is going to eat your podcast lunch

narinthius10

The new UI makes a song automatically repeat if you played it using the search function. For example, if I want to listen to "Hello" by Adele, I'd search for it in the search bar and it'd appear in "top results". Then I'll play it, but after the song plays "Hello" would REPEAT itself again before moving on to the "Hello" song radio. So no matter what, I'll always be listening to the same song twice if I played it by looking up the search bar (which is what I normally do).

Please disable this feature! The next song on the song radio should immediately play after the song I searched for ends. I rely on the song radio function a lot as I usually search for songs rather than play from a playlist.

jhaskell13

Bring back being able to see who follows your playlists!

jonestyl2

Spotify, please give us the old web app back. This new UI is awful and makes it feel like I'm using an iPad's app on my PC. It's overly buggy too. The friends tab doesn't update their activity correctly, the text is tiny and almost every time you can only see a few of the words of your friend's songs since it now puts the artist and song name in the same column for some reason. Also why would the search bar be it's own thing now? This just makes it unnecessarily more difficult to just quickly search up a song when there's not just a bar on the top like it should be. Also when I search a song and click on the title of it, I just want more info on the song, not to play the song. This new feature just makes it impossible to view albums and songs unless you're going to automatically start playing them. This new UI is not intuitive whatsoever and feels like it belongs on a touch screen device or  a TV. It's not place for a PC. The old one was simple and elegant, now the interface is overly complicated and poorly designed...