Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music-blog-01.jpg

Other

Stream On: Spotify launches in 80+ new markets and 36 new languages

Jose_M

Hello everyone!

If you joined Spotify’s Stream On event, you will probably be enthusiastic about all the announcements made. If you didn’t get to watch the event, make sure to check out all the news here.

One of the most exciting updates that were shared in this event is the expansion of Spotify in 85 new markets and the addition of 36 languages to the platform (including Romanian, Hindi and Swahili). In total, Spotify will soon be available in 178 markets around the globe, together, these new markets represent 1B+ people , and will support more than 60 languages.

Local artists will have access to Spotify’s creator tools, and will be given the opportunity to share their sounds and stories globally. This will allow the diverse music cultures in these countries to reach Spotify’s global audience, helping connect cultures from different parts of the world. All the talent from many new places will be heard all over the world.

In addition, this launch will help listeners from Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, Europe and Latin America have access to Spotify’s full music catalog of 70 Million + tracks, and 4 Billion + playlists. As a result, more genres like K-pop, dance, reggaeton… will make it to these new markets. 

Spotify will offer Free and Premium subscriptions in all new markets, and Individual, Family, Duo, and Student Plan options in select markets. 2.2 Million + podcast titles will also be available in the majority of these markets.

If you’re a new Spotify user from any of these countries, welcome to the Community and make sure to ask any questions you may have. I’d recommend checking out Spotify’s Support page on how to get started with the app.

This is a list of all the new countries where Spotify will be available soon:

Spoiler

Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Curaçao, Djibouti, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

You can find more info about Spotify bringing audio to 80+ new markets here.

38 Comments
NightBaron

Hello @Jose_M , I noticed that the Spotify app for androidtv is still not showing on the Google Playstore. I am currently trying to install Spotify on my Mi Box S 4K. I am from Nepal and Spotify started appearing on the Google Playstore of  my androidphones but not on my Mi Box. What might be causing this ?

Jose_M

Hello @Mato098!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this idea if you'd like to see a feature to change the language of Spotify. Make sure to add you votes and comments to show your support.

Hope this helps!

Jose_M

Hello @NightBaron!

Thanks for reaching out. However, I'd recommend you create a new topic in one of the Help Boards to get help in an easier way. Feel free to link me to the new topic once you create it.

Hope this makes sense to you 🙂

Moysd

Hi @jose_M Thanks for your response but this idea has over 3000 votes which seems to me like a lot and way over the target we need to reach to get the feature of HomePod support looked into. Is there any possibility you could pass this though to the relevent team to check again? I feel like its been open a long time and not much has been done other than acknowledge the feature request exists. So many people have commented to the point we are at 58 pages worth of comments on the request. You're help would be greatly appreciated by myself and of course @viettpp and @mister-jay

Jose_M

Hello @Moysd!

Thanks for your reply. I understand your concern. However, the process to update an idea's status is complex and it takes some time to reach out to the relevant team. No worries though, rest assured that this idea's status will be updated now that it reached the necessary amount of votes. I'd recommend checking out this series of articles for more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify. 

Hope this helps clear things up 🙂