Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Staff announcements.jpg

The One Where the Community Gets a Makeover

meahtenoha

Don’t worry, you didn’t accidentally stumble into the wrong Community. You probably feel like you’ve just opened the wrong door in your building and you’re staring at the wrong wall paper.

We can reassure you, you’re in the Spotify Community.

We’ve just redecorated. We had a spring cleaning. We got a make-over. However you want to put it, we’ve worked hard to improve for each and every one of you.

Feel free to take a look around at our new space. We recommend peeking into these new and improved areas:

We’re going to continue to keep this space updated as Spotify and this Community continue to grow.

We’d love to know what you all think of the new boards. Welcome and enjoy!

61 Comments
Anamon

@Jacob  Yes, it's not just the community site itself that's broken, but the e-mail notifications have many bugs, too. For example, notifications about new replies show a wrong author. In the long-running thread about the 10,000 track limitation of Your Music, the e-mails say that every reply is by Community Manager Rorey (supposedly because he wrote the official reaction). Which sometimes is pretty funny because most of those posts are telling people to leave Spotify 😄

Back to the community site, though, from my experience there's almost no feature that doesn't show at least one bug somewhere. There's so many that I stopped trying to keep track of them. Just now writing this reply, I noticed that the '@' username autocomplete doesn't work on blog posts, only in the forums, even though they seem to be linked after the fact. On forum posts, on the other hand, kudos seem to be broken, and often the number of pages is wrong (many more links shown than the actual number of pages). But even those bugs are not consistent across threads, they turn up in some but not others. I was not able to determine any obvious triggers.

Jacob

@Anamon,

Interesting. The @ mention system is (as far as I'm aware) only supposed to work for certain user permission levels (it works for me everywhere including here) so I find it quite odd that it only works for you in specific sections of the forums.

I can imagine that email bug being pretty funny at times, I'll definitely get that reported 🙂

Although the Community is hardly perfect right now, Spotify is dedicated to improving it as much as possible. If you guys can continue reporting issues here, I can work with you to get them escalated to the right people to get them fixed. Hopefully we can sort out the issues you guys are having!

The two things I've just reported are as follows:

1) Email notifications allow kudos to blog submission comments and

2) Email notifications about new replies show incorrect author (specifically in the Ideas sub-forum).

Let me know if you guys have more that I should mention!

Does the footer still exist? I don't see it or any way to accept a response as a solution. No ability to kudo any comment.

This is full screen and incredibly annoying that the content is confined to a strip of the screen.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 1.00.54 PM.png

rednblu

Absolutely!

That is the way that it is.

It does not matter whether the Kudos button is missing from this discussion for Good design reason, Bad reason, or No reason at all-- It is morally wrong and a mistake to disable the Kudos button on a discussion like this.

Anamon

@Jacob A correction to my bug report on the e-mail notifications: it's not the reply notifications where the wrong username is displayed, but the notification when a post is accepted as a solution. For example, in the "Lyrics feature unavailable" thread, someone just marked a reply about leaving Spotify as a solution, and the e-mail tells me that the solution was posted by "Rorey (Community Manager)".

Fully agree on the waste of space. My monitor is very upset that it has to blast white pixels from 60% of screen space, and my mouse wheel is groaning from all the scrolling I have to do because of the LEGO Duplo font size and the 50-pixel padding everywhere.