The Tip-Off: Good Tiger

‎2017-03-17 01:00 PM

tip off bunny.jpg

Mmm, tasty guitar licks + a dash of personified vox ÷ (Solid grooves + heart) = Good Tiger

“WE ARE GOOD TIGER. WE PLAY SOME KIND OF ROCK”

Yes they are. Yes they do. Oomph 💪

spotify:track:2wn4We8TCkoejQdO3m5irm

How cool was that?!

The above statement describes Good Tiger perfectly. Fans of Metal/Hard Rock/Djent/Math-Metal and proggy-kind-of stuff may have heard their name before. Good Tiger are made up of ex-Tesseract vocalist Elliot Coleman, ex-The Safety Fire guitarists Derya Nagle and Joaquin Ardiles, ex-The Faceless drummer Alex Rüdinger and ex-Architects touring guitarist Morgan Sinclair, providing those beautiful nodes of bass. All in all, they’re pretty new on the scene but well respected and liked throughout the metal community.

They’ve come along way since their IndieGoGo campaign back in 2015, where they raised over double their original goal in less than 24 hrs (impressive, no?) and then hit the road - hard!

The result of the campaign was a superbly produced and written record called, A Head Full of Moonlight. This title (like the statement from their site) describes the album to-a-tee. From the opening track of Where Are the Birds to the graceful ballet that is Latchkey Kids:

spotify:track:1Wqmqm1J7YzlfMANyazJTZ

The whole album is a treat to the ears. Elliots vocals are hard to ignore, his subtle and gentle tones are unique and when listening, I find it very hard not to drift off to somewhere special. All 3 guitars (including bass) gel together like a well oiled machine. The conversation that they all have allows Elliots vocals to stand out while they provide the perfect tonal backdrop for the mood of the song. They balance an aggressive and clean sound wonderfully and if caught off guard, you may ignore that these guys can pack a punch.

Alex is quite quickly becoming one of my favourite drummers too. His technical prowess and flair is really magical, and is truly inspiring me to become more creative within my playing as a musician. I recommend everyone to check out more of his drum-playthroughs. The dude’s an absolute machine.

Good Tiger are not some one-trick pony. They may be new on the scene compared to many other bands in their genre, but their unique flair and passion in what they do really make them stand out. They’re an inspiration for any young musician out there to pick up their instrument and practice.

• Monthly Listeners in Spotify: 33, 172
  • Hometown: (I want to say London but honestly, I’m not sure 😉)
  • Would fit best in a playlist called: Some sweet tasty jams
  • 3 Related Artists: Skyharbor, Periphery, Tesseract