The Tip-Off - Zach Said

a week ago

The_Tip_Off-red (1).png

Jack Garrat x John Mayer + 🔥 = Zach Said

Seemingly out of nowhere, Shropshire has gifted us with up and coming artist - Zach Said.

Never heard of Shropshire? Here's a quick peak of Zach’s hometown:

Hometown.jpg

However you think Zach Said should sound, I can assure you, you're not even close (or maybe you are, I’m not a scientist).

To give an insight, this is a computer programming graduate, bedroom producer, gamer, and self-confessed ‘techno nerd’ who's writing music. I’d best describe Zach’s music as somewhere between Neo Soul and Alternative R&B.

Zach Said kicked off his discography with his debut single Screw Loose in 2016. In June that year, he played the song to a BBC Introducing audience on Radio 1, quickly accumulating hundreds of thousands of streams in the following months.

spotify:album:1P3egEtz6u8LUPyle9tPD9

Thankfully, we didn’t have to wait long for a new single. In 2017 we heard No Love, and saw the beginning of Zach’s comic book style album artwork. With just 2 singles, Zach Said was already reaching around 8000 monthly listeners.

spotify:album:4ZZbU0DrV5pgrS7Xf7A99d

Building up to his debut EP, Zach Said released another single - Holding On. An upbeat, tongue and cheek production with lyrics that tell the story of an inevitable break up.

spotify:album:4ZdHN7AEI8EZowXZ10lVCj

Not long after came his debut EP - CONTRAST. The EP gave 2 never before heard tracks, and a third ‘Demo’ track. The EP completely delivered on what we expected to hear from Zach Said, and I can’t wait to see what’s next.

spotify:album:15K8tkzPnVlbJBVHb39oNR

Zach Said recently supported Sampa The Great on a three day UK sprint, hitting up London, Birmingham, and Manchester. If you like what you hear, stay tuned for future tour dates and follow Zach Said on Spotify!

• Monthly Listeners in Spotify: 48,229
  • Hometown: Shrewsbury
  • Would fit best in a playlist called: Simon Who?
  • 3 Related Artists: Jack Garrat, The Roots, John Mayer
  • Spotify Artist Page: Zach Said

1 Comment