Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

5 seconds of summer

5 seconds of summer

Thier song, "English Love Affair" isn't on thier album. Does anyone know why?
6 Replies

Well it depends on where you live I think becasue I live in the UK and english love affair is on the album. Although Mrs all American is not on the album, yet I have friends who are not in the UK but in the US and CA who have Mrs all American but not english love affair.

It all just depends on where you live.

I saw it available at one time, but said I needed premium. I got premium and now I cant find it!

thorgirl16

Hello:

I looked up this release and got a wiki page based on the release, and it has had several versions released throughout different regions of the world. The original standard release had that track, but other releases offered later switched out that track with alternate tracks.

Not sure why in some regions for this is but some artists and labels do this the release is available in. The Smashing Pumpkins did this for the release of Zeitgeist, releasing multiple versions with alternate and bonus tracks, and even slightly colored altered cover art as a collection card game or something. LoL

You can check into the different releases here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_Seconds_of_Summer_(album)

Normally all tracks available to Premium users should be available to the ad supported users as well. If you are coming across releases that are doing this, songs marked out that you know are available to you in your listening region on the Spotify service, versus Premium users having access. You should make available an album link to the content, this can help here so the issue can be escalated and looked into.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

So if I send a request to Spotify they will try and get the song?

@thorgirl16

Content is made available to the Spotify service by the labels and artists. Making a plea for Spotify to add it might not do much. Seems you are in the U.S. listening region and have been made available the 16 track bonus content version with the North American (alternate track) release of that album for the moment? Maybe making a plea to the label and/or artist to maybe make the standard release available for your listening region? As the standard release is noted for having that track on the release. Sorry not much else I can suggestion at the moment.

Suggested posts