Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

A particular commercial about Spotify Premium

A particular commercial about Spotify Premium

There is a commercial on Spotify Premium that I find is dangerous when listening while driving. While I don't object to the commercials, this particular one starts with cars honking....then fading away to sounds of quiet and music.  It is particularly dangerous when the volume is turned up because the horns seem to be close by. The first time I heard this, I nearly jolted my steering wheel and almost got in an accident.

SPOTIFY, please have your people edit out the horns or remove this commercial! Thank you.

4 Replies

I actually did get into an accident because of this commercial yesterday but luckily, there was no damage to my car. I also listen to my music fairly loudly, and when this commercial played, I jerked my steering wheel while I was on the highway in a tight curve and swerved too hard and almost hit the car on the lane next to me. We both pulled over to verify there was no damage. I've never gotten into any accidents prior to this, so I am substantially angry that the marketing/legal team at spotify thought this commercial would be okay to publicize. 

Unfortunately, they still air this commercial, but less often. I think they've even softened the horns a bit. It was a great concept but horrible enactment. Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you and the other driver are okay.

Stay safe!

Thanks! I'm incredibly relieved myself, but that could have gone horribly! 

According to twitter, I find that spotify is already aware of the issue and passed it on to their ads team back in September, but no resolution several months later it seems. I wonder what it will take for spotify to realize how unsafe this commercial is. 

Oh wow! That's too bad. Maybe they will eventually get hit with a lawsuit.... 😕

Suggested posts