Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Adding single songs from albums

Adding single songs from albums

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue:

why can’t you add single songs from albums to your library without adding the entire album? this seems counter intuitive and makes my library extemely clunky and hard to navigate. and no, telling me to add it to a playlist just to avoid the fact that this is an annoying issue will not help me. 

3 Replies

Hey @alexdomitrovic, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you go to the album, you should be able to swipe right on your mobile device to add a single song to Your Liked Songs playlist.

Let me know if that works or if you need help with anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

1. this is exactly what i said i didn’t want. i have over 2000 songs in my liked playlist and it’s completely unorganized. why are we avoiding the issue? why can’t you just add a single song from an album and not the entire album instead of sending me off on a wild goose chase that ends with me making a ton of playlists. 

Actually Spotify treats that 2000-song liked list as a track-based library. Basically their library organization mechanism is disjoint across Artists, Albums and Tracks - as far as I have understood after using it for several months. So, if you add an Album, that does not add the Artist or the individual tracks to your library.
What you actually want is to be able to navigate that 2000-song list in a better way, that is drilling down with respect to genres, artists, albums, etc. And that is a really, really rational demand, which many seem to have raised in these forums without success.
Unfortunately Spotify doesn't seem to acknowledge this as a problem and probably you have to end up creating a significant number of playlists if you want any organization. I for example am creating playlists for the 20-30 odd artists I like the most. Rest I will leave in that big playlist. Not ideal at all.

Suggested posts