Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

After song ends, it either restarts from half-way or doesn't go to the next song and stops.

After song ends, it either restarts from half-way or doesn't go to the next song and stops.

It happens on my mobile device and desktop. When it does restart from half-way, no sound plays while the song goes to the end. To get to the next song, I have to either click/tap on the next song or hit the next button. It doesn't automatically go onto the next song. I tried restarting the application on both platforms and restarting the devices themselves. Nothing works. Is this happening to anybody? Any tips?

4 Replies

Hey there @jkim545

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on both your mobile device and desktop. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on each of the affected devices. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

It worked for a few hours, and then I had the same problem again.

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem and shared it in another post already. I'm really hoping for a solution. Thanks

Hey @jkim545 and @y0-2s_a2uqck

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. 

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts