Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album Disappeared for Months

Album Disappeared for Months

There used to be the album - Smashing Pumpkins: B-sides and Rarities - on Spotify. It disappeared last fall and I was very disappointed because it had some of my favorite songs by the Smashing Pumpkins on the album that you can't find anywhere else (except on Amazon for over $50). I do not have 10,000 saved songs. I am a huge fan of theirs and was wondering if there is any way Spotify can get it back?

2 Replies

Hey there @Jweber222, welcome to the community!

That isn't an issue with the 10000 song limit, rather than a licensing issue.

Due to licensing agreements with the labels, content varies from region to region. Sometimes even, agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership. If you can't find an artist/song you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

You can read more about this here.

Hope this helps!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Excuses like that are absolute bull**bleep**. I pay $15/month for years, I curate playlists, download them to my devices. Then poof, entire albums disappear, playlists mangled, no notifications, no notice.  Streaming revolution will never be the end all be all with this kind of **bleep** happening all the time, always gotta have MP3s to make sure you have your favorite songs. 

Suggested posts