Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album became unavailable - Oh Land - Wishbone

Album became unavailable - Oh Land - Wishbone

Around one month ago, this album was on Spotify: Oh Land - Wishbone. But now it seems like it's unavailable on Spotify. Is there a way to find out why? Or bring this album back in Spotify. Was one of my favourites 😞

Thanks.
5 Replies

Sorry that happened! I experienced the same problem with one of my absolute favorite artists, Symphony X. Their 2012 release Iconoclast was on Spotify, but then they took it off for a month or two. It was just that album, everything else from the band was still there. But it eventually came back. I would suggest waiting for it to come back. If the problem persists, consult the Green Room further. Hope that solves your problem at least a little.

Sincerely,
Me

Hey @nmugef @xenon82

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can't find an artist you're looking for, they may appear (or reappear if removed) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

You can find out more information here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

OMG! thank god! im not the only one to have seen this problem with wishbone! i'm so relieved! i was going crazy! anyways, in february 2016 still no trace of it. 😞

no! you're wrong! i talked to the artist and she said she knows nothing about it! why all the other albums are available then? in her country, Denmark, is ok! in mine, Italy it is not. helpp!!!

After I post this problem, I decided to wait for the album appear again. But apparently, the problem is about some countries as @surjat also mentioned. I connected Oh Land about it and she/her agent said the album is on Spotify, and wanted to learn which countries have the same problem. But later, nothing happened. I guess maybe, the problem is about a permission and happened automatically. But we need to get an explanation to resolve the issue. 

This album is my favourite one from this artist. I'm using Spotify for a long time and can't even listen an available album more then one year long. 

Suggested posts