Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[All Platforms][Playlists] Tupac songs missing again.

[All Platforms][Playlists] Tupac songs missing again.

How does Spotify work? I noticed that Spotify added Dr. Dre's The Chronic recently. But now they removed 2Pac's Makaveli album and All Eyez On Me. Did they exchange the music or is it an Article 13 issue? Now a whole lot of 2Pac songs are greyed out in my playlist : (

8 Replies

Im in the U.K having the same issue, why are they removing 2pacs music? Its the only thing that keeps me going 

Why did they remove all eyez on me?  i wish they could at least give us some explanations. They never remove bad music, they only remove good projects. 

Why are you removing 2pac songs? Put them back on please

It seems to be back for me, so just like I predicted, it was Death Row sorting something out with the tracks.

California love is still gone tho:/

That and the other songs in his greatest hits (like Hit Em Up, Troublesome 96 and Unconditional Love) have been gone for me for about a year now. I know they are available in America but where I am, they have been removed.

Hopefully Death Row/eOne put the greatest hits collection again for everyone, those are some crucial hits!  I also wish "Pain" would find a way into spotify.

How do you know it was Hasbro sorting out the tracks? Also, does anyone know why Hasbro bought Death Row?

I don't KNOW it for a fact, but these things are always happening like this. Spotify has no say in the availability of the music itself (unless they volunteer to remove it for problematic reasons, i.e. pro-Nazi bands) so when an album disappears and/or reappears, it's always something involving the ownership or sorting out something with the tracks, for example updating the credits.

In this particular case, it makes sense that Hasbro is directly involved because this comes right after they released The Chronic on spotify and other platforms, so they most likely went through the catalog to "update" some things. As for why they bought Death Row, I'd guess that they saw some value in it and went for it.

Suggested posts