Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

(All Platforms) Recent change to song/album organisation is terrible

(All Platforms) Recent change to song/album organisation is terrible

I went through the forums but I couldn't find a suitable place where I could actually post this, I'm not sure if my issue is a fault as its like this across all my devices so I assume its an update.

Am I the only one that thinks the recent change made to the way spotify lists independantly saved songs as one big list is absolutely terrible?

I haved used spotify on just about every major platform it supports but primarily PC and Android. Previously I would go through my music as albums and play the independent songs I had ticked from that album, since the recent change if I don't have the whole album saved it doesn't show up and all my independent songs are in one giant list under 'songs' but only on the PC app, I can't find them on Android even though they're supposed to be 'saved to library'

Basically it makes it extremely frustrating to use, something like 70% of my music doesn't show up anymore and if I manage to find the artists album with the specific song in the Spotify search, its ticked even though it doesn't show up in my library properly. On the android app I can't even find 'songs'

Basically I got used to using spotify like I would iTunes or any other music platform that I have used in the past, I have spent a few years building up my music selection on spotify only for this recent change to ruin all of that.

Do I really have to go through every song in songs on the PC app, go to their album, like the whole album, just so I can have all the album covers which I like and navigate the music via albums?

It's like how I currently have many whole albums saved, but If I go the artists under 'your library' in the left panel, it says I have to browse and add some, it makes out that I don't have any artists to choose from even though I have a couple years of 'saved to library' music which is made by artists.

I get the impression that Spotify at its own expense, is becoming too much like some sort of light social music platform, if thats a thing.

2 Replies

I've just noticed when I log into the web version that I can still access all my music via albums like how it was a few weeks ago across all platforms.

Does my account have some bug or is it just that the web version isn't up to date yet?

I just decided to get spotify premium again after using apple music for the 3 month trial, and I'm gonna have to switch back to apple music cause it's just way too hard for me to browse my music.

Suggested posts