Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Allow you to change from dark mode to light mode

Allow you to change from dark mode to light mode

I wish spotify could add this feature where you could be able to have a light or dark mode just able to switch cause i like light mode makes it seem cool. If you dont like light mode you be able to switch it to dark mode (which is just normal colour now)

11 Replies

Hey!
If you want to suggest this feature, you should post it on the Ideas section.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

spotify marked this as "solved!"  it's not solved. you click on the solution link and you get the lame auto-reply : "Hey! If you want to suggest this feature, you should post it on the Ideas section."  it is not solved, and it's extremely annoying when your interface is so dark you can't read anything on it.

Hi there @sheilanagig,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

There's currently this idea that's set to Not Right Now. You can get more information regarding this in the status and also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates about this.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Wow, im sure they will listen!

I think you have to use Color inverter of the device OS. Myself use Android to play Spotify. I set a shortcut to invert the color of the phone. This will change everything dark to light, and light to dark.

dark themes hurts the eyes of people with astigmatism. hope we can have choices 🥹

Is there no white mode? I don't like it black

yes! I hate it!!

the dark mode is way too dark. its ridiculous they are not able to implement a solution. And NO, suggesting a suggestion is NOT a solution.

I AGREE. wth. We should have the OPTION to have LIGHT MODE

Yeah seriously, having options isn't a bad thing so idk why a light mode doesn't exist unless it's due to laziness.

Suggested posts