Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

An Easier Way to Add a Song in Multiple Playlists

Solved!

An Easier Way to Add a Song in Multiple Playlists

This is a question or recommendation. Question: Is there an easier way to add an individual song to multiple playlists?  If not there should be.  Currently, I have to hit the 3 button icon then hit add to playlist then add to a playlist and then back out and start the process over.  I think this is the only way to do it.  If that is the case then consider this a suggestion

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you're on a desktop, you can drag a song to a playlist rather than clicking the more button (3 button icon). However, you would have to drag the song to each indivdual playlist everytime. I agree with you though, it would be much easier if there was a way to add a song to multiple playlists at once.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

If you're on a desktop, you can drag a song to a playlist rather than clicking the more button (3 button icon). However, you would have to drag the song to each indivdual playlist everytime. I agree with you though, it would be much easier if there was a way to add a song to multiple playlists at once.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Mostly use the phone app though. Seems like it
would be an easy feature to add. Maybe, Spotify will get enough requests
to do something about it. I have a number of playlists and often add a
song to up to 5 playlists. It's a pain...

I agree! You should post this as an idea in the ideas page. I am for it! 🙂

unfortunately there isn’t a way to make it easier than that but it would be better to have the option of clicking one song and adding it to multiple playlists

Hi,

Great idea I posted this idea a couple of weeks back in the ideas forum. It would definately be helpful

This is killing me and my poor fingers as well. How hard could it be to just implement checkboxes for Windows/Mac application and a long-press action for Android/iOS which could mark multiple playlists the song should get added to...

**bleep**, why not make it possible to mark multiple songs in Android/iOS as well?

I agree totally. It is so annoying and takes up too much of my time. Please add this feature, it's a piece of cake technically.

Not very long ago I found out that on my mobile Android Spotify app, I can assign/unassign a song to multiple playlists at once.

I love it. 

In the main 'song screen' where you see the album art and you have the play controls, the heart symbol to the right of the song title has been replaced by a + sign or a check sign depending on whether the song is in one of your playlist.

Click on the + or the check sign and you go to a screen where you see all your playlists and a circle to the right of each playlist name. If the song is in one of your playlist then the circle will be green, if not it's black. 

The best part is you can select or deselect any or all the playlists in that same screen which means you can manage where the song belongs in your playlist a lot FASTER than before. Cool!

Hey Spotify, this is NOT SOLVED! Dragging the song to one playlist at a time is not a solution to the question of "an easier way to add an individual song to multiple playlists"! In the MOBILE SPOTIFY app you can add one song to MULTIPLE PLAYLISTS at once using radio buttons. How can we push to get this for the Desktop app? I've been building lists for over a decade and parsing them out to other playlists is SO painful on desktop, would love this functionality as I manage lists while working on my computer 😉 Thanks!

Suggested posts