Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Any chance of these missing albums being added

Solved!

Any chance of these missing albums being added

There is currently only one Bob Catley album on spotify (Immortal) which was a great album, but I was hoping to listen to the others. For some reason they aren't there which is really undesirable as i wanted to listen to his discography.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@saved_by_music

Hello:

Even though the exercise might seem pointless, it is not. These posts show up on search results, people who work with labels, and digital media aggregate businesses see these posts and look for ways to add or get access to the content from the original labels, and have it added to the Spotify service. I have just in passing here and discussing missing music seen stuff not available become available. Sometimes the content shows up quickly, sometimes weeks later, and sometimes not all. There are way to many variables with regards to music in general to figure out what may or may not trigger music being added. Examples, a couple of releases from the alternative/nu metal band Korn See You on the Other Side and Untitled or KornII these releases had been missing for months showed up recently. The Polish death metal band Vader, their content for U.S. listeners was sorely lacking, about over half the material was missing, a decent chunk of the bands material show up sometime in the new year, not sure exactly when though, with only two studio releases missing, De Profundis and Impressions in Blood . A standardize response is given for missing music, as it is up to the bands, artists, labels, and aggregate media businesses when content will or will not be added or available for streaming.

If users really want to know how this all works behind the scenes as one would say, you will probable have to take University courses and study the movie/music media business and how weird, messy, and sometimes a real pain in the back side it all is figuring it all out. Most music releases and content that is or will become available is public hype, the world of rock 'n' roll in the business world. So by continuing to talk about the new release by The 1975 of why it is being released on Spotify a different date than everywhere else, just leads to more hype for the release when it is available, and the band better cross their fingers that the whole release is stellar? Cause what music fans hate the most is lots of hype and then a bombed product, so far ratings have the new release between 3 and 4 stars, but I have never relied on music critics, they are part of the hype game too. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @saved

I think JayLB has answered your post, but I just wanted to clear things up.

Spotify IS in contact will artists and record labels all the time trying to get music on the service. However, at the end of the day the decision is up to the record labels. That is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Agreed - it's a huge omission. I've just checked on Deezer and they too only have Immortal. I wonder if it's about rights, otherwise it seems strangely suspicious. I guess there are a lot of people who play Magnum tracks but don't realise that Bob is the voice of Magnum. I play Bob's albums at home more than I play Magnum, good as they are.

Hey @kyleb96 @saved

Please read this:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi @MattSuda

I had read that but still wanted to add my support for this request.

If its ONLY up to the artist or label to approach Spotify, then isn't it a complete waste of time for any of us to even post a request for additional music? Is that really the case, that Spotify will NEVER contact an artist to ask them if they are willing to have their music added to Spotify if enough people request it? Not even if we submit music request forms?

I also wonder whether any artist who uses Spotify and visits here might be encouraged to add their music if they see people are requesting it.

Clarification would be much appreciated, especially if the result is that all music requests are ultimately pointless.

Many thanks

Marked as solution

@saved_by_music

Hello:

Even though the exercise might seem pointless, it is not. These posts show up on search results, people who work with labels, and digital media aggregate businesses see these posts and look for ways to add or get access to the content from the original labels, and have it added to the Spotify service. I have just in passing here and discussing missing music seen stuff not available become available. Sometimes the content shows up quickly, sometimes weeks later, and sometimes not all. There are way to many variables with regards to music in general to figure out what may or may not trigger music being added. Examples, a couple of releases from the alternative/nu metal band Korn See You on the Other Side and Untitled or KornII these releases had been missing for months showed up recently. The Polish death metal band Vader, their content for U.S. listeners was sorely lacking, about over half the material was missing, a decent chunk of the bands material show up sometime in the new year, not sure exactly when though, with only two studio releases missing, De Profundis and Impressions in Blood . A standardize response is given for missing music, as it is up to the bands, artists, labels, and aggregate media businesses when content will or will not be added or available for streaming.

If users really want to know how this all works behind the scenes as one would say, you will probable have to take University courses and study the movie/music media business and how weird, messy, and sometimes a real pain in the back side it all is figuring it all out. Most music releases and content that is or will become available is public hype, the world of rock 'n' roll in the business world. So by continuing to talk about the new release by The 1975 of why it is being released on Spotify a different date than everywhere else, just leads to more hype for the release when it is available, and the band better cross their fingers that the whole release is stellar? Cause what music fans hate the most is lots of hype and then a bombed product, so far ratings have the new release between 3 and 4 stars, but I have never relied on music critics, they are part of the hype game too. 🙂

@JayLB  I couldn't agree with you more - I never take any notice of ANY critic, whether it's music, film, food, clothes or anything else.

Thanks for taking the time to post and in such depth. It will take me a while to absorb it all.

Marked as solution

Hey @saved

I think JayLB has answered your post, but I just wanted to clear things up.

Spotify IS in contact will artists and record labels all the time trying to get music on the service. However, at the end of the day the decision is up to the record labels. That is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

MattSudaSpotify Star

No problem, and thanks for following up.

Suggested posts