Artist not searchable and no albums listed, but music is there

Highlighted

Re: Artist not searchable and no albums listed, but music is there

Regular

Okay, Album link is spotify:album:0cdnaW5ibS7rSfSvFZ7R0h

No local files for the album, but strange situation with saving offline--Prior to saving, my phone wouldn't play any of the songs, but I told Spotify to make the artist available for offline. After that, my phone was able to play the songs. The desktop client behaves as it has been: songs grayed out, but play anyway. Neither client can start an artist radio station, but both can start an album radio station.

Just in case it is a region thing, I messaged the artist to ask that she enable her music for the US, heh. Is it possible that when I originally signed up, I set my region to France? I don't recall the sign up asking me any such question, but it was years ago. I didn't start regularly using Spotify until recently.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Thanks for the album link, the album is available to these listening regions currently: AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY RO SE SG SI SK SV TR TW UY

Not available to these regions: CA MX US

If you can confirm what country your account is set to from here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/ I can escalate this issue to have a Spotify mod have this looked at by the content teams, so the content team can check out what might be the issue with regards to Desktop apps vs the webplayer having access issues with this release from the listening regions currently allowed.

Highlighted

Regular

I won't lie--I'm leery of escalating this if it means I won't be able to listen to the album anymore, haha. Is it normal for music to be unavailable to only greater North America?

edit: Welp, guess that'll happen. I'll just have to wait until her label okays the music for the US and Canada.

Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same problem. Here is the link to my artist: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5sHo0UxEzQxWKFV9yY0UZH?si=mmOkclZiQnqIP3eyM-Qo6A

I can listen and everything, but the artist ain't appearing on the search box. If I wanna find them I need to write the artist name followed by one of the songs. Example:

The GRES Jimi

SUGGESTED POSTS