Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play the BBC world service podcast

Unable to play the BBC world service podcast

I have listened to the podcast before. Today the most recent two episodes of the BBC world service unable to play. Every time I click play it stays up for like 2 seconds and then goes away. 

I have cleared cache, done a clear uninstall, logged out and logged back in and nothing has changed. 

I listen to the podcast when I'm at work so I am unable to use the web player on PC.

Please let there be a fix soon I'm a paying customer and would like to keep enjoying the service that I pay for.

46 Replies

How is this still a bug after so many months?!

I experience the same, from NL I am most of the times unable to play any BBC podcasts, randomly they work sometimes.

All other podcasts play without any disturbance.

It’s obvious Spotify is having some kind of restriction in them.

Specific podcast: Disaster trolls / BBC / Radio 4.

I am paying for premium, I have done a clean re install as suggested on a previous post but I still can’t play bbc podcasts in uk on Alexa devices

I have the same problem. Have tried all suggestions. Also premium member.

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone SE 1st Gen

The audio on the BBC Global News Podcast is so glitchy that it's difficult to listen to. It skips around, parts are missing, it replays parts, the end is cut off. This happens frequently—in almost every episode. On their website, they do have the podcast available to stream, and it's glitch-free. When I contacted them to ask why the Spotify version has so many audio errors, they said, "We have no control over third party platforms" and I should contact Spotify. So: Why would Spotify have such a crummy version of this audio when the podcaster itself hosts the same audio without the glitches and errors? I don't have this issue with other podcasts.

Will this ever be fixed or have you decided not bother? 

I love Spotify but these links are just dead. If its not going to be fixed pls state that si i dont need to wastemy time. 

This is my first and only frustration wiyh Spotify. 

Ok bbc podcast India time table Kaya hai

Suggested posts