Block/Ban Artist.

Solved!

Block/Ban Artist.

corykeehn
Casual Listener

I would like to block/ban an artist from playing on my account. For example if I wanted to listen to the playlist "United States Top 50" and wanted to block/ban Artist Justin Bieber it would just skip that song and go to the next track. Is this possible? If not what is the best way to get this feature added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Block/Ban Artist.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello:

You can always post a new idea to be added to the Spotify service in the New Ideas area of the community here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/New-Ideas/ct-p/newideas, but there is already an idea like this that was proposed, and has a Status of Not Right Now. You can find the idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

In the meantime what you can do is just copy and paste those songs from any playlists you want to save the majority of those songs into your own playlist. Then click on the ARTIST column name which will show a green arrow pointing up, which should put the artists in an alphabetical listing from A-Z. Next find that artist or artists name of the content you do not want in a saved playlist, and then just delete those tracks from said playlist. After the songs are removed, click on the column named ARTIST that has the green arrow two more times, and the green arrow should be gone this will return the playlist back to manual sorting mode. If any green arrows are showing on the columns you will not be able to move tracks up and down the playlist like users want to do.

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello:

You can always post a new idea to be added to the Spotify service in the New Ideas area of the community here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/New-Ideas/ct-p/newideas, but there is already an idea like this that was proposed, and has a Status of Not Right Now. You can find the idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

In the meantime what you can do is just copy and paste those songs from any playlists you want to save the majority of those songs into your own playlist. Then click on the ARTIST column name which will show a green arrow pointing up, which should put the artists in an alphabetical listing from A-Z. Next find that artist or artists name of the content you do not want in a saved playlist, and then just delete those tracks from said playlist. After the songs are removed, click on the column named ARTIST that has the green arrow two more times, and the green arrow should be gone this will return the playlist back to manual sorting mode. If any green arrows are showing on the columns you will not be able to move tracks up and down the playlist like users want to do.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

corykeehn
Casual Listener

Thank you.

Highlighted

dtm421
Casual Listener

I would say that it is a copout to say not right now.

And after the free month I will cancel my subscription as this is a MANDATORY feature as long as I PAY.

Highlighted

TerraKit

@dtm421 Don't demand things, yah self-entitled millenial dimwit. You don't have that right and never will.

Highlighted

jacobfrazier
Casual Listener

Any movement on this request? I'd like to ban an artist from my entire spotify app, 'ish' getting stuffed down my throat regardless of how many thumb-downs I give the guy. 

Highlighted

dtm421
Casual Listener
I don't know. I cancelled.

Highlighted

der_pelz

It is also a reason to me to quit again.

I never looked up a special artist. I never liked a song from this artist. I always switched over this artist but this artist comes up in every playlist I use for a playlist radio. I hate that artist.

After three songs the artist shows up latest in a playlist radio. I thumb it down, spotify doesn't care.

Why does spotify pushes the artist again and again into my music lists?

I am something one calls a "hsp" so I am very sensible toward music. It tortures me. So please put in some better filters or I have to quit.

Highlighted

Mrcartwright

Same here. I hate some artists but can't ban them. Why????

Highlighted

FúckTheGuyAbove

If I pay a premium price, I expect premium features. Just because I expect certain features to come standard doesn't make me entitled. You wouldn't pay $8000 for a car without air conditioning or power steering, why should I pay a premium price for software that lacks premium features? Kys you moronic, **bleep**-faced, **bleep** stain. Eat **bleep** and die.

SUGGESTED POSTS