Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Block/Ban Artist.

Block/Ban Artist.

I would like to block/ban an artist from playing on my account. For example if I wanted to listen to the playlist "United States Top 50" and wanted to block/ban Artist Justin Bieber it would just skip that song and go to the next track. Is this possible? If not what is the best way to get this feature added?

36 Replies

Denied sadly only works for macs... I have a Windows laptop and Android phone, but haven't found any apps that could automatically skip the songs. So sad that Spotify does not give users this feature and say it's a 'closed' topic as they decided not to implement it any time soon...

Bruh that is an excellent idea. 10/10

Gio

I pay Spotify to create playlists that they think I may like. 

I pay a premium to use Spotify features like their recommended playlists, yet I'm not safe to listen to the features I pay for. 

There is a disconnect here. 

PS: One of the artists that I'm currently not able to Block on Spotify did not get released on Bail today because of his criminal activity. 

http://time.com/5459045/tekashi-6ix9ine-arrested-racketeering/

THREE Chris Brown songs were featured on a playlist recommended to me based on my listening preferences. 

I require a way to use the features I pay for, without safety concerns associated with being exposed to and supporting a domestic violence abuser, who tattooed his battered victim's face on his neck and continues to maintain a profitable career. 

Thanks, and look forward to an appropriate response. 

U2, Nickleback, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Amy Schumer, ... I have hundreds of "artists" I never ever want to hear. Ever. Ever.

Fix this, please, Spotify.

Why are there dozens of threads asking how we can block artists, and half of them say they have a solution but it's not a solution, and the other half have a link to a poll to measure exactly how many people wanted this, which was responded to by deciding not to do this thing so many people want? What's the point of a service like this if it doesn't listen to its users? There are certain artists that some of us just don't want to hear. There's one artist I've got fed up *entirely because* I've only ever heard them on Spotify after the playlist has run on to artist radio, and a particularly awful song comes on, and I look, and oh, of course, it's the same artist I haven't heard of and never want to hear of again, again... What on earth possible business case is there for this? 

please, add also the feature to block genres.

At least  Regaetton, it will work for me }:-)

This isn't a solution.  I can't stop them from showing up under "Recommended Songs" for existing playlists or when using the "Create Similar Playlist" feature.  Not being able to permanently ban tracks is making me depise using Spotify.  It's a huge waste of time, your bandwidth and puts me in a really bad mood.  Every thread I read says "We're not planning on implenting this right now.".  WHY DO YOU INSIST ON TORTURING YOUR USERS SPOTIFY!?!  It makes me so angry this isn't implemented I'm beyond sick of hearing the same god awful songs everywhere I look.

No it isn’t a solution, because it’s not in their best interest if they are somehow incentivized (I’m sure they are, by record labels specifically) to push their newest freshest content down your throat to inflate plays and give said labels a return on their investment. Spotify doesn’t care about you, they care about whoever gives them the most money. If that was untrue, this feature would have been implemented over 8 years ago when users first starting making this request on this very forum. 

Yes I would also like to block Justin Beiber please!!

Is this feature a priority for spotify? 

If not, can you provide an estimated time that this will be implemented? 

Purrrfect osornios. Exactly what I was looking for.
Easy to install, on a Mac, just click the black hand in the top banner & start adding artists/songs/albums 🙂

Dear spotify, i really need this feature because i hate justin bieber.

In the "daily mix" in my desktop spotify player, there is no option to block an artist. Even when I click on "view artist", this option to block an artist, is missing again. Please fix the error and bring back the block button. Thanks.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your comments and replies here.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If you'd like to see this option available on desktop you can leave a +Vote here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you so very very very much, from all of us.

The same feature on desktops will be useful too!

Spotify, you lost? Or are you just discriminating against Desktop user?

Suggested posts