Block Specific Suggestions and Artists

Block Specific Suggestions and Artists

DaveWK
Casual Listener

How do I block Joe Rogan from featured podcasts? I never want to listen to Joe Rogan and don't want to accidentally click on it and have it ever used in suggestions.

5 Replies

Re: Block Specific Suggestions and Artists

Natkvk
Casual Listener

Better question - why is this podcast featured on the main page???

Social Media sites are now being held responsible for the voices they promote. They are not neutral parties when they deliberately share misleading and violent content and showcase misinformation.

This content promotes sexual violence, false information about vaccines, transphobia and white supremacy. This content is harmful.

DaveWK
Casual Listener

I am hopeful if they just saw how many people never want to listen to this junk and block it that they'd remove it.. I don't want to deal with him whining about how somehow he's being "censored" (on a private media platform!) by not getting his precious place on the page.

Natkvk
Casual Listener

Good point. Being able to give feedback within the app would be a solid start. 

Something similar to Facebook Reporting would work - let them know if you find something harmful/violent/offensive/misleading so they can gather that feedback.

markbsb
Unfortunately, we can’t. So far, we can only follow or share podcasts. We’re totally unable of hiding or blocking any content related. It would be perfect if we could chose what to do. 😉

Natkvk
Casual Listener

He's currently a promoted podcast in a high visibility spot - removing him from the list of suggested top podcasts isn't blocking/censorship if he is still allowed to host his content on the platform.

SUGGESTED POSTS