Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bowie's 'Young Americans' album versions.

Bowie's 'Young Americans' album versions.

Anybody know why the Young Americans album was changed recently? There was a reissue after the original release which featured the track 'It's Gonna Be Me'. Spotify did have this version of the album and track up until maybe a few weeks ago. Now it is gone and the only version available is the one without it.

I wanna listen to It's Gonna Be Me but I can't 😞

On a side note, there is an alternate version of the song without strings on the Who Can I Be Now? compilation but it's not as good.

What are the chances of getting the song restored to Young Americans?

1 Reply

@jtwidle

Hello:

Seems all I can find available from a search is the original 8 track 2016 Remastered version of that release now. Content is added by labels, aggregate media services to the Spotify service, and then Spotify makes the content available after it is uploaded to their service. Looks to be that either the 1991 reissued bonus tracks and the 2007 special edition bonus tracks versions of Young Americans is no longer available, at least from my searching through a US account.

Do not lose out hope, this being the 42nd anniversary of this release this March 7th, the original date of the release was released on 7 March 1975, there should be a expanded deluxe version somewhere in the pipelines. I would suspect one to be forthcoming from the content holders of this release, and with all the extra tracks released over the years, possible live and even demo tracks included in a deluxe remastered version of this original release. This is normally done with artist content like this from that many years ago. The label went to the trouble for a 2016 remastered edition of the original 8 track release, there must be an expanded or even deluxe editions of early Bowie's releases in the works planned for the future at least for the rarity hard to find content now from the past re-releases. Labels are anything if not consistent most of the time. The only way to stay ahead of media pirates now a days is to re-release expanded, deluxe, and super deluxe editions of content of past original releases. There could be allot of rarity content coming in the future from Bowie's estate that controls his music now. Many classical artists have done this, Fleetwood Mac for an example of their best selling releases.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.
https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing/

Suggested posts