Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can I download music to my MP3 player?

Solved!

Can I download music to my MP3 player?

I just began using Spotify.  Can I download music to my MP3 player directly or do I have to get it to Window Media Player?  If I need to get music to WMP, how do I do that?  Thanks

50 Replies

Ok, thanks!

how do i do it

@bambi1126 - Spotify don't support mp3 players I'm afraid. If you want to get content for your non-smart device (that can't run the Spotify app) then you need to find an alternative source I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

good bye soptify!!!

I got this free permium for 2 years... with my smart phone... my phone is now destroyed, they wont repair it (unless i pay £200) AND THEY WONT EVEN REPLACE IT (i have been about 6 months without my playlist)

Just remembered my log in details... i can confirm that what one of the posters said about that *Listen anywhere play on ANY...T.H.I.N.G...* Is/was ture... this should extend to mp3 players/sony walkmans otherwise this informantion is false advertising and also illegal!!!!

looks like its back to *illegal* donwloads for me!!!

I really want my play list on my mp3 and this is how i understand it... if it is MY account (premium) and MY playlist/songs then i can upload them WHEREVER/HOWEVER i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because these songs are in the *PUBLIC DOMAIN*!!!!!

goodbye falls advertising... good bye liars... good bye

thank you

I have paid £9.99 for Premium and was able to buy single songs and download them to by MP3 player,  suddenly I see that I cannot buy tracks and download anymore I feel like i have been ripped off,  am i doing something wrong or am I correct in thinking that this is not possible anymore now they have got my money

As pointed out, Spotify is a streaming service. Which means, it uses the internet. Obviously devices that can't access the internet won't be able to acquire the songs Spotify hosts. Was that hard to intuit?

I am glad I researched this before my free premium subscription ended. If I can't download the song to other play sources, the premium service is pretty much useless to me.  I don't want to clutter up my phone with downloaded music when I can store music on removable SD cards.

Still enjoy spotify, but think I'll just keep the free streaming and get offline music elsewhere that's more convienent to the end user.

You can put the Spotfiy app on your SD card. That's what I do.

The musicians who sign with Spotfiy are paid based on a perentage of how many times their songs are listened to. If you download the songs and listen to them with a different player, how can Spotify count how many times you listened to it? And if they don't know, how can they pay the musicians? The listens have to be contained in the Spotify app.

If you want your own copy, why don't you just buy the mp3 from amazon the normal way? It's probably cheaper in the long run.

I'd thought about putting it on my SD card, not a bad idea actually. I'll probably just go back to the free version and as you say, purchase the music directly elsewhere. I only made a comment because I felt he wording of "offline listening" in the spotify app is a bit misleading. Or I just really musunderstood it :).  Offline to me  meant, off of spotify, not just, not connected to the net.

Anyway, I do like spotify, but I have enough subscription services as it is.

how do you do it tho

Spoiler

iccarnt get itunes on my computer help me now answe me if you get this

how do u do it then?

@nesti1

Hello:

What kind of device is it that you are wanting to add music onto?

In order to get Spotify downloaded/offlined music onto a device it has to be able to have the Spotify app on the device such as an iPod touch/mp3 player that supports internet apps, or any mobile phone, touch pad, or desktop OS that supports the Spotify app on it's system. So just a standard iPod will not be able to offline music on to it, you can use the Spotify app to add local music files only onto an iPod. So are you wanting to add local music files or download/offline music onto a device from the Spotify service? 

Well... Sorry about you phone. But, you can keep the songs you illegally downloaded it you own a subscription to Spotify, and you continue paying for it as long as you have the songs. 

Enjoy!

~Jackson

You cant ducking do it.

Image result for trump duck

I feel **bleep** by Spotify because I can't load this music on my mp3 player. I am going to burn your **bleep** for it, Spotify. As soon as my 3 months are up on my premium membership, I am canceling it. Take that you rat bastards, I can screw you too.

Peter, your dumber**bleep**. I don't have to pay for a **bleep** song to put it on an mp3 player. I can download it off YouTube and convert it to an mp3 file for nothing. You don't want people to know that, do you?

If you could just download music in files, you could also sell it. That's why they don't let you move it to other devices such as an ipod

You can refer to and install my best music collection. Be appreciated by friends and people.   https://ringtonedownload.in/

This is a good solution to play Spotify music on MP3 player, Android mobile phone, etc.

/snipped/

Suggested posts