Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can I download music to my MP3 player?

Solved!

Can I download music to my MP3 player?

I just began using Spotify.  Can I download music to my MP3 player directly or do I have to get it to Window Media Player?  If I need to get music to WMP, how do I do that?  Thanks

49 Replies

Hey guys,

I want to point out that using Spotify song converters and similar tools for ripping songs off Spotify is illegal, in other terms - piracy.

Same goes for Youtube to mp3 converters, that's also against Youtube's terms of service, illegal - piracy.

If you love a song so much you'd love to hear it anywhere and Spotify's offline listening does not cut it for you, just pay the 1-2€ for that song on Junodowload, Bandcamp, Amazon, Beatport, Bleep, Boomkat or any other service.

Spotify is not a downloading service, it's strictly music streaming service. You can save music for offline listening, but you cannot extract songs from Spotify in any format.

Also, music is a form of art and many artists dream of being able to live off making music. Refusing to pay for their releases comes off as incredibly disrespectful.

Cheers!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes you can i found certain ways to download [link removed for piracy - Sebasty] But remember that spotify songs are in encrypted format so you can't directly download them in your local storage

SPOTDL

ARE SPOTIFY DOWNLOAD CONVERTERS ILLEGAL? They work! As an analogy I notice Amazon make it as hard as possible to make full use of downloaded books that you have pald for (ie to other formats and devices other than kindle) but these problems can be usually overcome without feeling too sorry for Amazon, and long dead authors. The jury is still out on struggling musicians and authors but I doubt I could ever feel sorry for Spotify or Amazon

Hey, you can try to purchase an MP3 player called Spotify Mighty so that you can download Spotify music on an MP3 player. I have one Mighty, it allows offline streaming which is convenient, like iPod shuffle. You desired it!

the question didn't asked how to sync your local files

who gives a flying **bleep**

which is a youtube downloader

Hey If you want to download music from the Spotify then you have to purchase its premium version and if you just want to try its premium version without wasting a single then you can try this version and once you like then you can purchase its premium version. 

I understand that a Spotify song download can only play on a system, like my iPhone, which includes the Spotify app.  

I just bought a headset that claims to be usable while swimming.  Tayogo.  It can receive Spotify through it's blu tooth connection, although I have not yet tried it while swimming, and it may be a problem, when I am too far from the phone. 

The Tayago swimming headset, also includes an MP3 player.  

I wonder if there is another solution.  Could I also download the Spotify application to the MP3 player and then run the songs on Spotify on their MP3 player?

I think that you will say this the Spotify application can only be run on a few specific devices, and not this one.  If so, please ask the powerful people at Spotify to consider choosing an MP3 player, hopefully one that offers waterproof swimming, to be compatible with Spotify, or "Spotify enabled".  Swimming is great exercise, but like walking, it is so much better when we have music or other Spotify stuff to listen to.  If you could partner with a swimming MP3 player (and there are several offered on Amazon; they often have the bone connection feature) then that would appeal to a lot of us.  It would be a good marketing appeal.  

There are some waterproof bags that say people can use them for swimming, but I would not be comfortable putting my iPhone in one of them.

Just thinking outloud.  On the other hand, my Apple watch can keeps waterproof in the pool.  Maybe my headset will work off the Apple watch and allow me to listen to Spotify while swimming.

Subject matter:  using Spotify while swimming.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

T J Jelin

Suggested posts