Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't claim artist profile

Solved!

Can't claim artist profile

I am a dance producer from the US. My artist name is necrosis but there is a band named the same that has my release the shadowbox e.p. under their name. So I can't claim the music or even attempt to. Help please.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Im sorry to hear about this. You can go here to report incorrect info, then you should be able to claim it. 

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It's probably some automation of the site. Can't have a bunch of unfixed issues and make the site look legit. Anyway thank you for your help

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Im sorry to hear about this. You can go here to report incorrect info, then you should be able to claim it. 

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Seems like I've tried that already to no avail. Thanks for your help. I will mark as solved when and if they fix it.

Hi there, @Necrosisdnb !

I am no Rock Star or that smart about Spotify or the Community yet, but my opinion is that you cannot do anything about it unless you contact the band that is using your name. Try to contact them to fix this issue, the staff really can't do anything about it, I don't think so... I hope you can find a solution, I just wanted to put my opinion out there 🙂 I am extremely sorry though! Try to maybe contact the staff for technical abuse? That is really the only thing you can do... 

~Bad_Girl25

I hold my copyrights....and your telling me I can't do anything and the staff can't? SoundCloud had no problem verifying me why can't they do the same?

Like I said, I am just putting my opinion out there. I don't know exactly. Do not take it offensively, please. 

Honestly bthe only thing offensive about this is it has been marked as solved when it clearly isn't.

What is marked as solved? I don't even know how to mark my own posts as solved...

Marked as solution

It's probably some automation of the site. Can't have a bunch of unfixed issues and make the site look legit. Anyway thank you for your help

Oh, ok! And, also, your welcome! I just wanted to help, in the end 🙂

I have had a release on spotify since July 2017. I have contacted spotify a few times to claim the profile and update the Bio section. There has been no help in this. 

Suggested posts