Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't find a song even though I know the title

Solved!

Can't find a song even though I know the title

The song I'm looking for is called "Fame". I think I'd be able to recognize the album art if I saw it, I believe it was a woman swimming upward, but I don't know the artist.

First off, why aren't all the songs called "Fame" the first things in the search results before anything else? Scrolling and scrolling and I didn't see it anywhere, but there are lots of other songs with fame in the title, and songs without fame in the title (fame in the album name, or artists with fame in their name). I clicked song, not album, not artist, shouldn't the song title be prioritized for my search?

Is there a way to search for songs that are only a single word and nothing extra? I've tried quotes around it and that doesn't seem to change the results. 

I tried typing in parts of the lyrics I could remember, "flowers still grow in the snow" "rainbows still smile upside down", but ended up with a bunch of songs with parts of the lyrics in the titles and still not what I'm looking for.

I feel like searching for songs used to work better. I've tried googling the lyrics, and the song title, and haven't been able to find it that way either. I know this song is on Spotify, the song was JUST on one of my daily mixes, before it refreshed, and now I can't find it at all. This is rather frustrating to me how ineffective the search is at actually being able to filter to what I want.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The song showed up again in one of my daily mixes, along with another one I've been having trouble finding again. Thank you random algorithm. Now, Spotify! please give me the ability to dislike songs I don't want to see again on my daily mixes. Also, please stop giving showing me that annoying "we want to show people we care about their feedback" popup. I already gave you feedback, so you won't let me give you more. If you can give me that stupid screen when I try to give you feedback, then you have the tools to not show me the "we want your feedback" popup in the first place. Why annoy me if you don't care anymore about what I have to say?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, how's it going? Hope you're well! Unfortunately, songs with one-word titles are very common and therefore harder to find. An effective way to find the songs you've listened to is:

Open your Spotify app and click on: (Your Library) and then click on (Liked Songs). And scan it, I believe if you liked the song you will find it in this library. A big hug and I hope you find your music!

I tend to almost never "like" songs, so unfortunately that wont work for me here, but thank you for the suggestion. I might be wrong, but I almost feel like spotify search used to know if you've heard a song and put those results first; I wish it did that in this case.

Marked as solution

The song showed up again in one of my daily mixes, along with another one I've been having trouble finding again. Thank you random algorithm. Now, Spotify! please give me the ability to dislike songs I don't want to see again on my daily mixes. Also, please stop giving showing me that annoying "we want to show people we care about their feedback" popup. I already gave you feedback, so you won't let me give you more. If you can give me that stupid screen when I try to give you feedback, then you have the tools to not show me the "we want your feedback" popup in the first place. Why annoy me if you don't care anymore about what I have to say?

Suggested posts