Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't open Spotify

Can't open Spotify

Hi! I can't seem to open Spotify on my laptop anymore. My laptop is fully updated, but the program just doesn't open.
Spotify works on my iPad and my iPhone, just not on this device. I have tried everything (even deleting and re-installing Spotify), but it doesn't work.

Is there something I can do about this?

3 Replies

Hi!

Would you mind giving me some more information about the situation? (Eg. type, year and brand of laptop, browser used, and what happens when you attempt to open Spotify.) Until then, I'd recommend trying to use Spotify's Web Player, and I've inserted a link to that here

Hope this helps you for now, 

Grace

Let me know if there's anything I can help with! 🙂
If I help you, click the "Accept as Solution" button to help share the solution with others.
Kudos are never expected, but always appreciated.

Thanks for the reply! Spotify Web works for me. I've attached a video while trying to open it.

Spotify stopped working since a week ago, it just doesn't open, I don't even get a pop-up saying that it is not working. I've got a Dell Latitude 5480.

Hmm...

I'm glad that Spotify Web works for you! Thank you for the update on your details, from what you described I'd like to suggest a few things for you to try that have helped others in similar situations as what you're describing: 

- Completely restarting your computer

- Closing the application in your Windows task manager 

- Deleting the cache folder "C:\Users\Your_username\AppData\Local\Spotify\storage" in your windows software

- Completing a clean reinstallation (more details on how to do that here)

- Check to make sure that your Spotify app is fully updated

Tell me if any of these are helpful to you!

Grace 

Let me know if there's anything I can help with! 🙂
If I help you, click the "Accept as Solution" button to help share the solution with others.
Kudos are never expected, but always appreciated.

Suggested posts