Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can’t play a large amount of songs

Solved!

Can’t play a large amount of songs

I know there are many threads on this topic, so I apologise about creating another one, but I’ve noticed an increasingly large amount of my favourite songs I’m unable to play

I’m a premium member based in the UK, not using any VPN etc, these songs come up in my search but I’m unable to click and play them?

I understand region can make some songs unplayable but it’s quite odd because these songs are available in the UK, I have hide unplayable songs selected and they are not being hidden, also have the latest version and I have tried reinstalling Spotify on my iOS Device I’m trying to play the songs off of 

ive yet to try playing them on desktop / on a friends phone but will try later today and update 

The songs in question I can’t listen to are:

My Humps and Pump It from the Monkey Business Album by the Black Eyed Peas (where as both Single Versions of these songs are playable)

Gashina by Sunmi

https://open.spotify.com/track/2ygMBIctKIAfbEBcT9065L?si=OlmNIKXqT4ybZoURfYQmHg

https://open.spotify.com/track/20jYtEun4dUdYZ9foaOC48?si=Da5E7HqoTzya04lZ6cJVoA

https://open.spotify.com/track/0jFHMDRXxKaREor3hBEEST?si=y5POIUcgRrqEF3hUQNa2hw

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Sebasty

Firstly thank you for taking the time out to reply! 

I tried the clean reinstall using the clear cache etc. instructions in the article given and unfortunately that didn't work, but then today tried to listen to the songs on my MacBook as I hadn't tried that yet and recieved the message 'We can't play this until you allow this track in the Spotify app.'

I then came across another thread Solved: We can't play this until you allow this track... - The Spotify Community where luckily the solution mentioned by @KetchupInMilk worked for me of liking the song in the app by swiping right then unliking to swipe right again.

I guess if you 'dislike' a song in shuffle radio Spotfiy for some reason won't let you ever listen to it again? Weird feature for sure.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your help. 🙂

@Sebasty wrote:

Hey @user-removed 

I would definitely suggest reinstalling your app too as your Spotify might be needing a refresh. 🙂

See this Answer article on how to perform a clean reinstall!

Also, let me know if you're able to listen to those songs on desktop / friend's device!

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

@Sebasty wrote:

Hey @user-removed 

I would definitely suggest reinstalling your app too as your Spotify might be needing a refresh. 🙂

Also, let me know if you're able to listen to those songs on desktop / friend's device!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed 

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi @Sebasty

Firstly thank you for taking the time out to reply! 

I tried the clean reinstall using the clear cache etc. instructions in the article given and unfortunately that didn't work, but then today tried to listen to the songs on my MacBook as I hadn't tried that yet and recieved the message 'We can't play this until you allow this track in the Spotify app.'

I then came across another thread Solved: We can't play this until you allow this track... - The Spotify Community where luckily the solution mentioned by @KetchupInMilk worked for me of liking the song in the app by swiping right then unliking to swipe right again.

I guess if you 'dislike' a song in shuffle radio Spotfiy for some reason won't let you ever listen to it again? Weird feature for sure.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your help. 🙂

@Sebasty wrote:

Hey @user-removed 

@Sebasty wrote:

Hey @user-removed 

Suggested posts