Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cancer Bats Hail Destroyer not playing songs

Cancer Bats Hail Destroyer not playing songs

Hey everyone.  I am trying to get the listed album to play on my PC/Android device.  When I search for the album, the only place I can find it is on the web viewer (wont show up on PC app/Andriod app).  When I try to play the album it  says I dont have any songs for the album.  Anyone know why?

AF

4 Replies

@andyflag19

Hello:

That release is available on the Spotify service, so not sure why you can not find it. Maybe you are in a region that does not have access currently to the release? I used this website search service that is based on the Spotify API here: https://jcheng31.github.io/isitonspotify/ just copy and paste the album title and click on the Is It On Spotify? button, shows all the versions of that release available and a number next to the returns of what listening regions have access. Clicking on the numbers displays Country names below everything.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

Thanks @JayLB, I appreciate the quick response.  Additionaly, is there a place I can go to get a direct response from a Spotify employee to as why the album is unavaliable?

@andyflag19

Hello:

Sure you can contact Spotify Customer service with any questions about anything, but a warning with music requests you are going to get a standard response, something along these lines:

"Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify."

If you wish to contact Spotify Customer Service to inquire about this release, I can provide the information for you below. The reason this release is not available is probable down to a licensing issue with one or two regions for access on the Spotify service, the reason it is missing but everywhere else. I had a look at the bands wiki page, seems the original release was rereleased in 2009 with extra bonus tracks and a mini DVD of live recorded video tracks, and Metal Blade Records might be holding it up for one or two listening regions under licensing issues for some regions for who knows what reason? Maybe the CD's and digital download sales are still going strong for the rerelease elsewhere? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Destroyer

How to contact Spotify with direct questions about the service or content issues: 

"Please get in touch with Spotify via the contact form. If you get an email back directing to the support forums, reply back to that email even if it is from noreply, and the support team will be able to take a look at your issue and you'll hear from them shortly. Spotify users can also contact Spotify customer support as well on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on our Facebook page."

@JayLB after your informative response, I dont feel the need to contact Spotify over the issue.  Thank you again for your help!!

AF

Suggested posts