Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cant get rid of artist under my artists!!

Cant get rid of artist under my artists!!

He wont go away and I tried unfollowing him and removing all selected songs and he is still there!

Its this guy (I dont even know how he got favorited):

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0hIG9FXgjQxT8fKaYceFbA

10 Replies

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

Which Spotify apps and versions is this happening with? Is this going on with all Spotify apps Desktop, mobile, the webplayer? Have you tried doing a clean reinstall of the apps? https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Its seems to be just with the desktop version...havent checked the mobile but i donth think its there.

So you suggest ununstalling and reinstalling the desktop app?

@thedrumshredder

Yes you might try doing a clean reinstall. Make sure to remove all Spotify files left over from an uninstall. Reads like a weird caching issue, maybe the app keeps reloading some of the cached content back again when this should not happen after a quick log out and log back in?

Neither have worked so far...

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

I escalated this issue for you, so hang tight until a Spotify mod gets back with some suggestions.

Also in the meantime can you log into your Spotify account on a friends system that might have the Spotify desktop app, just as a double check to make sure this is not some odd thing device related?

Or you might take a peak at your account from the webplayer here: https://play.spotify.com/ and see if the content is hung up there as well?

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

The Spotify mods got back to me, they would like a screen shot of this issue on the desktop app. If you can provide that that would be great and help out some here?

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

Just doing a checkup here, are you still having this mysterious artist showing up, and if so can you please provide a screen shot of this issue? Thanks.

Hello

I still have not gotten this issue resolved. I tried reinstalling the desktop app and it didnt work. The artist is still on my mobile app too.

Here are the screenshots:

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 11.45.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.06.47 AM.png

@thedrumshredder

Thank you for the screen shots, I have added your reponse to the escalation thread on this issue, and now we have to wait a bit to see what the Spotfiy mods suggest as a next step here.

@thedrumshredder

The Spotify mods got back to me, please reach out to Spotify Customer Support here:

"Please get in touch with Spotify via the contact form. If you get an email back directing to the support forums, reply back to that email even if it is from noreply, and the support team will be able to take a look at your issue and you'll hear from them shortly."

Please also include your Spotify user name when contacting Spotify customer support for this issue. You are free to reference this thread when contacting Spotify customer support, so as to cut down on back and forths for repeat information already, and your self attempts to fix this issue from your end.

Thanks!

Suggested posts