Cant get rid of artist under my artists!!

Cant get rid of artist under my artists!!

thedrumshredder
Gig Goer

He wont go away and I tried unfollowing him and removing all selected songs and he is still there!

Its this guy (I dont even know how he got favorited):

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0hIG9FXgjQxT8fKaYceFbA

10 Replies

Re: Cant get rid of artist under my artists!!

user-removed
Not applicable

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

Which Spotify apps and versions is this happening with? Is this going on with all Spotify apps Desktop, mobile, the webplayer? Have you tried doing a clean reinstall of the apps? https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

thedrumshredder
Gig Goer

Its seems to be just with the desktop version...havent checked the mobile but i donth think its there.

So you suggest ununstalling and reinstalling the desktop app?

user-removed
Not applicable

@thedrumshredder

Yes you might try doing a clean reinstall. Make sure to remove all Spotify files left over from an uninstall. Reads like a weird caching issue, maybe the app keeps reloading some of the cached content back again when this should not happen after a quick log out and log back in?

thedrumshredder
Gig Goer

Neither have worked so far...

user-removed
Not applicable

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

I escalated this issue for you, so hang tight until a Spotify mod gets back with some suggestions.

Also in the meantime can you log into your Spotify account on a friends system that might have the Spotify desktop app, just as a double check to make sure this is not some odd thing device related?

Or you might take a peak at your account from the webplayer here: https://play.spotify.com/ and see if the content is hung up there as well?

user-removed
Not applicable

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

The Spotify mods got back to me, they would like a screen shot of this issue on the desktop app. If you can provide that that would be great and help out some here?

user-removed
Not applicable

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

Just doing a checkup here, are you still having this mysterious artist showing up, and if so can you please provide a screen shot of this issue? Thanks.

thedrumshredder
Gig Goer

Hello

I still have not gotten this issue resolved. I tried reinstalling the desktop app and it didnt work. The artist is still on my mobile app too.

Here are the screenshots:

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 11.45.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.06.47 AM.png

user-removed
Not applicable

@thedrumshredder

Thank you for the screen shots, I have added your reponse to the escalation thread on this issue, and now we have to wait a bit to see what the Spotfiy mods suggest as a next step here.

SUGGESTED POSTS