Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Censored songs

Solved!

Censored songs

I just wonder why you have to get songs censored the way you do? You literally destroy many songs with that. Maybe cursing doesn't sound so nice, but if you don't like the song they curse on, WHY do you listen to it?

I, as myself, don't care about the cursing but like to listen to the songs meaning. If a rapper made a song with meaning, but had cursing as a way to express himself, you should look at the meaning not the cursing. Maybe you can't find the meaning but that is YOUR problem. Seriously, when a song you like, gets bugged up with suddenly silent moments that doesn't fit in at all... YOU should know what I mean....

170 Replies

The artist chooses this, I know that Ariana Grande has plenty of explicit songs but she is completely against the use of the n word which is why the explicit version of let me love you by ariana is not available.

Also, it's not up to spotify

what the **bleep** your right I just found the same song unedited.

what is the switch i want to here cuss words again!!!!

Negative! Parent of four here as well. 

But in also a developer and data arc and this is clear mislabeling. 

Theoriginal version should not be labelled.  The censored version should be.

And I should have to turn on the censoring for my kids when I need it because I am DEVIATING FROM THE ACTUAL CONTENT.

The "explicit version" is usually the original.

I should not have to ask for "Whoa Explicit by Black Rob" to successfully hear that song.  

You should have to ask for the edited version because it's just not "Whoa" by Black Rob.  It's a terrible remix.

I understand the explicit/non-explicit versioning - however, I noticed that specific lyrics are censored on UNCENSORED version - i.e. Eminem's original version of My Name Is says "my english teacher wanted to have **bleep** in junior high, the only problem was my english teacher was a guy" its now replaced with "my english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high..."

Also, on Juvenile's 400 degrees, only the word "homicide" is censored

it's so lame and makes me not want to listen to a couple of songs I loved as a kid - why does that happen?

Having similiar issues, one of my favourire bands just suddenly got a lot of their songs censored... and i hate it. They changed the published songs. That is WRONG. Screw kids and their ears. They ARE going to learn the words NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO! It is ridiculous that some words should be "bad"! **bleep** this and **bleep** ignorant people who are stupidly trying to "protect childrens inocense" or some**bleep** like that. 

If it's going to be censored, they should make it known. Listening to the dethalbum 3 and the censor words that are in the title without saying so. I like Spotify for it's uncensored music content. I might as well get YouTube​ instead. At least then I know it will be censored. At least make it known things are censored or make a separate album, like stores do 

Why not add it at the preferences of each account? Just let us pick in advanse what version we wanna listen to. I wouldn't have know about the double albums if not for this thread, almost canceled my account because of a censured Anderson Paak. album 😉

You're just closing your child's mind without him having a chance to even think for himself good job

You know this is so stereotypically white America's solution to every problem.
treat the symptom
ignore the underlying condition.....being that anyone complaining about this other than how no art should be edited, EVER. obviously choosing songs that are not appropriate for where you want to listen to them.
it's not the song fault it's your fault.
may as well go to and cut off the **bleep** off of the Statue of David because your kid might see it.

Enter stage left problem again that's Fox I just edited my post thanks Spotify you're part of the problem

##-Yeah interested to see what sort of kids you bring up in this world. They don't need to be subjected to fnn and Jeffn under 12yrs old -##
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

How I raise my kids is not any of your **bleep**ing business **bleep**. Let’s get
that straight.

I think you skew your point a little bit but I agree with you on art should
never be edited.

The reason I would like the choice to hear censored songs is for my kids to listen to tracks. It's actually more the pop music that they hear all the time on the radio that when they play it on spotify it is full of cuss words

Lol my point is the kids listen to all these songs on the radio. Then when they play them on spotify there full of cuss words that I don't think they need to hear. 

It's a child friendly (radio edit) I'm looking for

One it’s art so you shouldn’t edit it, and no one cares about the vulgar
language, the music is not made for your kids, it’s made for an older
generation. Figure it out.

I sometimes get songs that say explicit and then there's no explicit content, and when I look up the song on google and watch it on YouTube, the explicit content is there, and when I go back and scroll down to play on Spotify, when I open it there is still no explicit content. Can Spotify PLEASE not do that? 

If Spotify doesn't censor songs I have one for you, 'I'm an Albatraoz' by AronChupa I've listened to it for a few years now and recently the lyrics have changed. It no longer says, 'F**k that little mouse, cuz I'm an albatraoz.' But instead says, 'Whose that little mouse, cuz I'm an albatraoz.' I find no other songs like it. I've searched by Artist, song title, everything (Share link below)  but honestly I wish the song to go back to the way it was originally. I censored the word above. Also please add Blood on the Dancefloor back to Spotify, thank you.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5XSSGkeN6FJm7AAowBCLEW?si=08Mx98viRPelPe43duSTIg

Hey there @killer_kozan, @03221344

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Keep in mind that the explicit content tags are applied based on information we receive from rights-holders, i.e. record labels and artists themselves. In this sense we can’t guarantee all explicit content is marked as such.

We suggest you also check this help page for more info on the explicit content within Spotify. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts