Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Censored songs

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Censored songs

It's about the money. As the media has made clear in the past year or so, artists don't make a lot of money having their songs available on Spotify. So a promising rapper, say, with a new album which is getting great reviews on the blogs and magazines won't release an uncensored version of their album on Spotify, because the rapper and his/her label want your $10, and neither, Spotify or the artist want to share that $10 with each other. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That's funny. Media companies should be scrambling to please their consumers in this day and age.  The amount of competition at this point should be absolutely insane. 

Highlighted

Community Legend

I'm no expert but this album sounds pretty uncensored to me. Spotify will make all music the publishers upload available to us so, if something is missing, it's down to the publishers and you guys should email and post on their facebook pages etc.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I think it's less about what is on Spotify, and how one finds what is on Spotify.

Perhaps it wasn't considered an important distinction, but when trying to find songs on the mobile apps it gets kind of rough trying to find an unedited version of a song.

I'm having trouble finding songs from Donald Glover that aren't censored to high hell.

Do you know how weird that sounds?

Highlighted

Community Legend

Oh, I agree. I'm an old fart but I detest censorship. If something offends me I prefer not to listen to it rather than listen to a butchered version. I do think we should be able to decide which we prefer and, if you haven't done so, please support this idea.

Highlighted

I detest censorship as well but when listening in the car (with children) and work I'd love to just be able to click a non explicit lyrics button and not have to worry.

I've been listening to the Sunday Stoll playlist around the house with my wife and children and 3 songs so far have have the work f?!k in them which with two young children I don't particularly want.

This is my one big complaint with Spotify.
Highlighted

Music Fan

I honestly do not mind cursing, but however it is a sin to curse. So I do like the songs without curse words, especially Disturbed's song "Down with the Sickness". I love the song, but that explicit version is just bad. But of course like Three Days Grace's song "Riot" is another one, I love the song, but wish I could share it with my family without that F word being a problem. If you get what I mean by this.

-Ghostgate

-Zane

I may be a Christian, but that just means I'm nice.
Please don't judge me just because I'm Christian.
Get to know me first before judging.
Geronimo!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

So, if words like "**bleep**" and "**bleep**" are censored and "body bags" and "glock 40" are not (in the same track) the track is ok for kids? I don't think so.. Only way to deal with "clean" tracks is to provide a button to make them invisible.. If this feature won't come then i'll have to go 😉

Highlighted

This is why I cancelled my spotify subscription. I am not paying for your "service" to butcher 60 versions of an album and give us NO uncensored content. WHO PAYS $10 for a CENSORED rap album? THE FUK IS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOTS!

UNCENSOR EVERYTHING OR LOSE MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS. SEVERAL MORE OF MY FRIENDS ARE CANCELLING BECAUSE OF YOUR GARBAGE CENSORSHIP.

Highlighted

It would be nice if there was an option that would only show editied versions of songs if that was the ONLY version available. 

SUGGESTED POSTS