Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Censored songs

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Censored songs

Yes but I am a teacher teaching at risk students who calm down when I play their favorite songs.  According to my contract I can not play songs with profanity so I need the clean versions of the songs.  I am extremely happy that they do this becaue it makes my life and the students' lives so much better!!!

Highlighted

Regular

I certainly understand the need for the "clean" versions of songs, but it would be great to have an option in all Spotify clients where you can choose one of the following:

- Only play songs that don't have any explicit lyrics (PG mode)

- Play clean versions of songs with explicit lyrics (PG-13 mode)

- Play unedited songs with explicit lyrics and never play "clean" versions (R mode)

Maybe this could be a settings panel that optionally requires a password to change, for concerned parents?

Highlighted

[SOLVED] if you'd like to play the explicit only versions I albums on your iPhone I have figured it out.
1- open spotify and search for artist.
2- click tracks folder to bring up the tracks only.
3- click a track that doesn't say (edited version)
4- in the now playing screen tap the album art (in the center of the screen)
5- click the album title (top option)
it will now bring up the list of tracks on that album. All of which should be explicit versions. Enjoy!
Highlighted

why without a function to decide which ones you wanna see? cause its ruins all songs imo... except without me... i just drank a fifth of koolaid dare me to drive? is hillarious. still... why no filter for censored songs?

Highlighted

I am have a son that always goes on Spotify and I caught him listening to an explicit Eminem song. I tried to find clean versions of songs but there weren't any. How do you get clean songs?

Highlighted

I am seriously irritated by this. I was listening to Coheed and Cambria and lots of songs suddenly have gaps. Since when is "hell" a swear word? And just because the US wants it censored doesn't mean that  I want to have it in Europe too. 

Make it location based and let me decide. Btw. there is no duplicate button next to the album title so that I would have a choice.

Highlighted

any progress on this option???

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Spotify doesn't censor music, but it does publish the clean versions of many/most (all?) albums as the default.

The effect is that when you're on a mobile device there's no way to hear the regular version of a song. It looks like the default version of the album is the only one displayed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there is a way around this. I use Spotify on my phone much more than on my computer and I'm sick of coming across butchered, worthless versions of songs I like.

(As a matter of fact, is there any way to do an advanced search like you can do on a computer when you're on the iPhone app?)

Highlighted

Clicking the arrow to the far right of the artist's name does not reveal the other version of the album on my Spotify app for Iphone. Am I doing something wrong?

Highlighted

Hello there:

I want to know were I have to write to suggets some options. I want to censored the Lady Gaga fame ad, because is very explicit and I want to ear Spotify in the office without any problem with my boss or my female partners. Please change the ad, thank you:

Salvador

SUGGESTED POSTS